Quails-anyone incubated/keep them?

While visiting someone last week, it was brought to my attention that the person had a pair of quails in a (bird) cage in the corner of the room. The host explained that there were some eggs in the cage, and that they were interested in hatching them. Having an incubator in my loft (that I had previously used for hens eggs many years ago), I offered to help.

Today is day 6 of the incubation period. The 13 eggs are quite small-certainly smaller than a black bird`s egg (if I recall accurately from my days as a 13 year old “bird nester” during the early 1970s).I am presuming that they are from one of the smaller species of Quail, but I do not know which. There are websites available on the subject. As a quick fastrack & lazy method on my part, I just wanted to ask if I need a different feed for hatchings as opposed to adult quail. Thanks.

Archived