Sunday lunch yum yum

thai

Originally posted by thai

thanks for suggestions did dore moor inn will certainly go again

It's worth mentioning that the Dore Moor, and the Castle in Castleton, along with Fox House are all part of the same chain, and I believe share a menu.

Mind you - Dore Moor isn't full of clueless idiots wandering around dumbstruck at the sight of trees and grass so you might as well stick with what you know.

Come on guys, be a little more adventurous and stop going to the same old chain pubs owned by big corporations.

Some recommendations for a great Sunday dinner, or any other day !

Druid Inn - Birchover. An old favourite, but a classic none the less.

Eyre Arms - Hassop. Great little place with bags of character.

Cheshire Cheese - Hope, NOT the one at Castleton. Tiny place with great food.

Three stags head - Wardlow Mires. A true one off, like a time warp.

Bulls Head - Foolow - nice little restaurant

Devonshire Arms - Beeley - lovely food, also do a 3 course sunday breakfast with bucks fizz and free papers.

That should be some to be getting on with and I want no more talk of chain pubs and corporate clones!

Originally posted by rocketman

Come on guys, be a little more adventurous and stop going to the same old chain pubs owned by big corporations.

Some recommendations for a great Sunday dinner, or any other day !

Druid Inn - Birchover. An old favourite, but a classic none the less.

Eyre Arms - Hassop. Great little place with bags of character.

Cheshire Cheese - Hope, NOT the one at Castleton. Tiny place with great food.

Three stags head - Wardlow Mires. A true one off, like a time warp.

Bulls Head - Foolow - nice little restaurant

Devonshire Arms - Beeley - lovely food, also do a 3 course sunday breakfast with bucks fizz and free papers.

That should be some to be getting on with and I want no more talk of chain pubs and corporate clones!

I can second all these recommendations. May I also suggest the Ladybower Inn, and the Devonshire Arms at Peak Forest (a bit out of the way, but seriously good food and definitely worth the trip)

Maynard Arms in Grindleford has a nice restaurant for Sunday lunch and also does very good bar meals.

If you want to go other side of Sheffield, Hardwick Inn (at exit from grounds of Hardwick Hall) has an excellent carvery and bar meals - very good value - easy to reach off M1 (junction 29)

Archived