What is your definition of love?

Love is like waking up the morning and feeling like a six year old on Christmas Day. Everyday.

Until it wears off. And that's when you just stay in bed all day. Eating crisps and waiting for bed time again.

LOL you never fail to cheer me up :).

So many times I've read about people being in love and then splitting up, maybe they are in love with love

I think when you care for a person more than yourself and it is mutual and that it is lasting, and that the same values are important, respect, trust and fidelity then I would happily let myself love someone

Is love something you can help or do you work at it?

Here is an uncomfortable hypothetical situation which might help us to explore love. You are in the road with another person and a car comes screaming round the corner. You have the opportunity of pushing that person out of the way and saving them but you would face certain death.

What would you answer be if that person was....?

a stranger

a friend

your mum or dad

your wife/husband/partner

your child

Being completely honest, I would only do this for my child. Is the decision made on how much you love the person?

Archived