Passport not held what ID would i need for Ireland?

Sometimes if you get the ferry they will let you on without a passport maybe with a driving licence.

But Ryanair, I know for certain will only accept a passport. I'm not sure if any airlines will accept a driving licence but I know for a fact that if you don't have a driving licence and want to fly you MUST have a passport for all airlines.

I know this for a fact because sadly one of my family in the ROI died recently and her grandaughter could not get over there even though we tried literally EVERYWHERE because she didn't have a valid passport.

Thats not true, you don't need a passport you just pay more to use additional forms of ID, I think it was an extra £40 we had to pay for not having a passport when we went.

Thats not true, you don't need a passport you just pay more to use additional forms of ID, I think it was an extra £40 we had to pay for not having a passport when we went.

My friend came to see us a few years back and ryanair REFUSED her when she had lost her passport. she had to flybmibaby with her work id to get over. this was flying out manchester to dublin.

My friend came to see us a few years back and ryanair REFUSED her when she had lost her passport. she had to flybmibaby with her work id to get over. this was flying out manchester to dublin.

Obviously you have to give the type of ID you're using when booking.

Archived