Offer of repayment of debt, but lender refuses it

Ive always advised my friends and such that lenders usually accept an offer, owt is better than nothing,so to speak a lender of mine wants £50-60 a month Ive offerred £10 a week, bearing in mind some weeks a 5 weekers, they have refused and keep pestering me by telephoning its now getting that i feel like they are bullying, im making the payment can these ppl take it any further despite me paying at least something

any advice greatly appreciated

GF :(

Ive always advised my friends and such that lenders usually accept an offer, owt is better than nothing,so to speak a lender of mine wants £50-60 a month Ive offerred £10 a week, bearing in mind some weeks a 5 weekers, they have refused and keep pestering me by telephoning its now getting that i feel like they are bullying, im making the payment can these ppl take it any further despite me paying at least something

any advice greatly appreciated

GF :(

Speaking from personal experience its an awful situation and sometimes it can not be helped getting into debt, so i know how you feel.

The best thing to do is speak to someone at the citezens advice or a debt management company depending on how much you owe but the debt management companies will charge a fee if you decide to put all your debts with them.

The creditors will keep ringing and writing to you and start threatening legal procedures after a while and may be threaten you with the baliffs.

The faster you speak to someone the quicker you can get it sorted as they will pile more interest onto what you already owe plus fees for not making the required payment.

Good luck sorting it out

They want 50-60 a month, you are paying 43 per month on average. I doubt they could take it further as what you're paying isn't unreasonable. As Aberdeen said head to the CAB to get some advice that would stand up in legal proceedings.

Document the fact that you have offered and that they are taking payment if they are.

As long as you have shown your level best to make the payments and it is the most you can afford, then any court is going to be reasonable to you and as others have said, they wont gain any more from it.

If the constant phone calls are getting you down you can insist that they stop calling and only send letters and they have to respect that otherwise it will move into the realms of harrassment.

Archived