Has anyone heard about Charlie Peace?

there was a film about his life and antics on sky movies-4-men not long ago called "the case of charles peace"...it was great...old black and white film, im sure they will show it again sky always do repeats :)

yeah i enjoyed it....recorded it to dvd :D

Charles Peace was my great great great grandad, part of my family are Bolsovers, which his daughter married into

yeah i enjoyed it....recorded it to dvd :D

Charles Peace was my great great great grandad, part of my family are Bolsovers, which his daughter married into

Wow...that's interesting. Do you ever think about him being a murderer? (Perhaps not the way to put it but I hope you know what I mean and not in a nasty way)

It must be weird being able to see his photos and have all his life story available to you. I've done a bit of genealogy and apart from knowing my ggg grandparents names and addresses know nothing about their lives.

Wow...that's interesting. Do you ever think about him being a murderer? (Perhaps not the way to put it but I hope you know what I mean and not in a nasty way)

It must be weird being able to see his photos and have all his life story available to you. I've done a bit of genealogy and apart from knowing my ggg grandparents names and addresses know nothing about their lives.

Yeah its quite weird, im friends with whitehorses on here too and shes related to arthur dyson :suspect:

although we dont hold grudges :D

it was weird watching that film on telly about him and thinking thats my grandad lol, ive also got a book about him "king of the lags"

Yeah its quite weird, im friends with whitehorses on here too and shes related to arthur dyson :suspect:

although we dont hold grudges :D

it was weird watching that film on telly about him and thinking thats my grandad lol, ive also got a book about him "king of the lags"

Just been trying to find that film on Amazon, but no luck :(

I remember it being on a few months ago but we don't have Sky..it might be on Freeview though so I'll watch out for it.

In fact I'm on a Charles Peace web fact finding mission in between watching Emmerdale and looking at SF!

Just been trying to find that film on Amazon, but no luck :(

I remember it being on a few months ago but we don't have Sky..it might be on Freeview though so I'll watch out for it.

In fact I'm on a Charles Peace web fact finding mission in between watching Emmerdale and looking at SF!

some links

A Wish Unfulfilled

http://community.livejournal.com/comics_scans/63895.html

the case of charles peace film looks like it aint been shown since early december

I have just heard that apparently a famous burglar and murdered from Sheffield called Charlie Peace murdered his last victim where my shop is. It used to be an alleyway at Banner Cross but has been converted into a shop. Does anyone have anymore info about this?

My father told me in the fifties, Charlie Peace carved his initials and a horses head on a step on plaster lane, I found it in the late sixties. Last time I past the cottages were pulled down but the steps still there, that was a while ago, I should go, see if it's still there.

Archived