The DQ Late Bar & ChaChas Indian Buffet Restaurant

Sandra Spice

I went to DQ last night.

Weren't all that really. There was an opening of new bar Boho on campo lane at the same time. They know how to launch a bar. Free booze all night and a jazz band playing.

DQ'll be ok if they sort the **** out but at the moment, do we really need another ambient lit house bar?

I went to the launch last night... Didn't intend to, there was this guy with some fire who heard my shouting "I want beer" and he ushered me in... :hihi:

Loving the decor, was very impressed, despite being slightly intoxicated...

The guy taking the photos... he got one of us, but I was just wondering if he was from the papers or owt? Does anyone know? ~ If said photo was published, there might be a few red faces lol :blush:

By the way, can someone tell me why you got a bar fulla bottles, yet out of 3 drinks combo's, you could only do one?! There was no taboo, no JD... Not impressed! :mad:

Originally posted by caprice

The guy taking the photos... he got one of us, but I was just wondering if he was from the papers or owt? Does anyone know? ~ If said photo was published, there might be a few red faces lol :blush:

If it was the guy with the camera on a stand/tripod thing then the photos are going to form part of the slideshow that is projected onto the wall :blush: :blush: should be some interesting viewing next time I'm in there :blush:

And I don't know about the guy in the green shirt who had the camera around his neck - possibly a media person though.

Loved the cocktails... I know bar staff there so they were whipping me up all sorts *slurs drunkenly* "I have just given you £3. Now make me a strong drink" - I didn't know alcohol came in so many colours!!

We left about midnight due to Vini getting absolutely off his trolley (cue a night spent worshipping the porcelain goddess...)

There'll be some pics up on his site soon but they're mainly just of our group of mates - will link to it when its up though.

Went passed it last week and it looked like another case of style over substance.

Needed sunglasses just to go passed the place (nasty pink neon lights) and it looked a bit hastily thrown together.

Seems a shame, though have no problems with another late bar, the venue seemed fine before, at least you could see who you were talking to....

And if it is going cater for a range of music tastes there'll be some rock/alternative nights then!!!!!

Nah think I'll be sticking to the Washy even if it means having to put up with usual last orders.

Originally posted by sheff_minx

And I don't know about the guy in the green shirt who had the camera around his neck - possibly a media person though.

We left about midnight due to Vini getting absolutely off his trolley (cue a night spent worshipping the porcelain goddess...)

Yeah it was the guy in the green shirt... He didn't ask for our names... So I'm hoping we'll be okay... (The Star's "Going out" supplement usually features names) lol

We arrived at just after midnight, so we might just have missed ya... Will check your site to see if there's any with us in the background lol! :blush:

Archived