The DQ Late Bar & ChaChas Indian Buffet Restaurant

Sandra Spice

Calling all students! Get yourself down to Chachas with one of their flyers you can have an all you can eat indian buffet really cheap!! Even if youve not got a flyer show them your uni cards and im sure they would sort you out they are really great down there. After you've been for a curry go down to DQ the late bar which is just underneath and start your night off right!

Originally posted by darkfox

DQ is amazing, never seen anything like it before the alcohol is cheap, especially 2-4-1 cocktails on the week nights, the bar staff are friendly and it opens till late perfect place to be if you cant be arsed waiting in a queue at a club.

It's down fitzwilliam street down the road from west one.

Go down for a DQ Pepper well tasty!!!

LOL! I take you've never been out before then. If you don't have Jack Daniels (Britains sixth biggest selling spirit) I don't think i'll be back for a while. It's about five years out of date and looks like Linda Barker designed it.

Calling all students! Get yourself down to Chachas with one of their flyers you can have an all you can eat indian buffet really cheap!! Even if youve not got a flyer show them your uni cards and im sure they would sort you out they are really great down there. After you've been for a curry go down to DQ the late bar which is just underneath and start your night off right!

I was in the DQ bar on Friday night, it's not up to much.

We stayed for a couple of drinks to give it a chance and then left.

the flyers are being given out at the freshers fairs and around town.

lalaland why did you think dq wasn't up to much? Ive been loads and love it even when its quiet its great as you can make it your own. Fancy a different coloured bar just ask the manager to change the lights, 2-4-1 cocktails through out the week and cheaper prices than ive ever paid for a pint down west street or division street. It even has a dance floor so you dont have to queue in a club to have a dance!

Ive seen that they dont have Jack Daniels but if your a real whiskey drinker you'll choose bulleit bourbon which is nicer than Jack Daniels, and taboo is a kids drink passoa is much better but each to their own. I know everyone has a prefered drink but why not try something different1

Tony are you saying evey satisfied customer has to be connected with the place? I think DQ is better than most bars in Sheffield they are trying something new and if you talk to anyone who is actually connected they are willing to listen and take ideas.

I hear a few top djs are getting involved aswell!

the flyers are being given out at the freshers fairs and around town.

lalaland why did you think dq wasn't up to much? Ive been loads and love it even when its quiet its great as you can make it your own. Fancy a different coloured bar just ask the manager to change the lights, 2-4-1 cocktails through out the week and cheaper prices than ive ever paid for a pint down west street or division street. It even has a dance floor so you dont have to queue in a club to have a dance!

Most places offer cheap prices during the week, so this isn't much of an attraction.

I just think the interior is very bland. It's like someone took a warehouse, got addicted to after home improvement TV and attacked it. It feels like it's trying to be something it's not if you see what I mean.

Also I feel it's a tiny way off the main stretch, if it was next to Vodka Revolution or up that way it would make a difference. It's not the walking bit, it's just the atmosphere, it doesn't feel like there's much going on, even when full.

I am sure some people will like it, but I can't quite put my finger on it, I really don't like it. It doens't 'feel' like a decent bar if you understand what I mean? (ok, doesn't really make sense, but I can't quite explain what I mean) We tried it and have decided not to go back to be honest, there are many better bars in that area of town that actually have a good feel to them.

I still like the restaurant though and will of course keep using that place, the bar however isn't for me. I will stick to Vodka Revolution, the old firestation, Sharkeys and the others just up the road (will be in all those tonight as it happens :D).

Archived