The DQ Late Bar & ChaChas Indian Buffet Restaurant

Sandra Spice

We went there last night - really nice food and a huge selection!

We paid £6.50 each as we went before 7. I think it goes up to about £8 after 7, but not sure of exact price.

Was really clean, and staff were very friendly.

There were probably about 6 other tables full when we got there, but some bigger groups began arriving while we were eating. The restaurant area is massive, so would probably need a lot of full tables to make it look 'busy'.

Drinks were reasonable too - not cheap, but reasonable!

We'll definately be going again!

Show them some support - it really is a great place. :thumbsup:

We aren't going tonight anymore, changed it to tomorrow night, but I shall let you all know what I think once I've tried it.

From the outside the place looks really impressive.

It seems to be a bar downstairs and a restaurant upstairs.

Looking forward to it anyway.

One thing i forgot to say is that the restaurant is no smoking, so if u want to smoke you have to go down into the bar. I quite liked this because you got the break that you usually get in a normal meal. Could be a bit mad when it is busy though.

They do need to sort out the paying system too.

But the food was good, and they had some interesting cider on called Ruby Tuesday, tasted like ribena but was 6.2%, and had a few in fits of giggles by the end of the evening.

i went on tuesday night with a group of friends.

the food was lovely a good balance of veggie and meatie goodness .

i personally enjoyed the sprout curry a seasonal fav i think!

but yes we all said we'd go again, its a lot better value than everest's attempt......... :clap:

Well our Sunday night visit went very too.

We were all extremely impressed with the layout, the cleanliness, friendly staff, very nice food and cheap prices. What more could you want? Well popadoms would have made it 10/10, but 9.5/10 is what this place deserves.

We all met in the bar, decent enough prices for the area, had a drink then went up stairs where we were greeted by someone behind a till.

They charge you before you eat, which seems like a good idea as you can get up and leave at any time without having to wait for a bill or mess about working it out.

Also to add to this, you get your drinks from the till area and just pay for them as you order them. Again this removes the bill at the end of the meal.

Another good thing is they do refillable soft drinks! I was driving that night, so was on Pepsi. I bought my first for £1.50 and then just took my glass back each time for a free refill.

This meant that my 'all you can eat' Indian buffet cost £8 for the food and £1.50 for the drinks.

I had several different types of curry, a few different types of starter and four cokes all for £9.50! (plus Girlfriends meal) That's excellent value and excellent food in one. Bonus!

This place is great if you like Indian food (obviously) but if like me you can never make up your mind which one you want, or you want to try a new dish that you aren't sure you'll like or not.

I have visited many indian restaurants in Sheffield and although I wouldn't take someone here for a special night out (ie first date / aniversary etc.) I would definately recommend it to anyone wanting a meal out with friends etc. and would advise the other Indian restuarants in Sheffield to be very worried :D

In the words of Arnie, I'll be back....

Archived