The DQ Late Bar & ChaChas Indian Buffet Restaurant

Sandra Spice

Originally posted by mikey

There is another thread somewhere with more reviews.

I have been and found it just OK, mind you I went at peak time and paid something like £9.

The food wasn't brilliant, the curry's were a bit watery, meat was a bit non existant.

IMHO I do not think this place will work in its current format

Main reasons

This place is a bit out of town, the chinese buffets are bang in the centre and benefit from the theatre trade.

There is not enough selection of dishes, unlike the chinese places. Rice/bread/mixed starters and various currys thats it.

I could have gone to a number of Indians and spent £9 on a Starter, rice ,bread and a curry and it would have been better quality and fresh.

Sorry guys it didnt work for me, which is a shame as I love Indian food.

The other thing I forgot to mention is you only have to look at the number of hits the Indian Buffet thread has had to the number the Chinese Buffet thread has had. Thats the power of this forum - The Sheffieldforum can make or break a place IMHO

I totally agree, i don't rate the place. Its a nice idea, works in theory but like Mikey said the currys are a bit watery and the meat is almost non existant.

Just want to let you know that Cha Cha's now has a Dj / Karaoke on Thursday / Friday and Saturday.

The karaoke is done through 2 42 inch tv screens !

Its limited to around 2000 songs at the moment but always growing...DJ is friendly and will get you up to sing a.s.a.p

As always, its an all you can eat indian buffet upstairs and the quality is consistent.

Every Saturday in January its a quid a drink after 8pm - thats ALL drinks, sometimes with the exception of Stella & Guiness.

Hope to see you there soon,go and make yourself known to the DJ (His name is Gary)

Archived