Venue for original music?

IrishDave

Hi all,

please recommend some venues that take original music in Sheffield, its both to listen and take part when possible. I have sampled the Red House (my fave so far) The Pomona, Bar 23 open mic and of course Corp for the heavier tastes. I play acoustic sort of music but have played in bands too so my taste varies, I just love original music. Any replies greatly appreciated!

Dave

:D

The Green Room has a regular feature on wednesdays run by a nice chap called James, its called People are Strange - I think you can chat to the organisers there and you'll probably be able to get a set in a month or so. West Street Live (or Mentholman's if you prefer) can be a bit hit and miss as regards acoustic music, but keep your eyes open for the sudnay all day gigs.

Other open mics include Sheffield students' union on thursdays (think that starts back week after next? Its off for exam time) and the Green Room's is mondays.

More will probably come to mind later, hope they help!

Archived