Speed humps damaging your vehicle.

The ones on St Phillip's road are ridiculous.

I use St. Phillip's Road pretty often myself and can do the road @ 20-30 easily (with the exception of 1 particular hump near the underpass entrance which is like a cliff).

the slopes on either side push your wheels apart

Surely that depends on the width of the car (mine can straddle these pyramid type speed bumps quite easily)?

well get out and measure them, they can be no higher than 100mm if they are then the council have to remove them straight away or else they are on breach of the 1999 traffic calming regs

Thanks for that snippet, thats going to my sister in law who cracked her oil sump open on a speed bump in London. Off to the council she goes...

The speed bumps going down Sicey Av just off Hatfield House lane is absolutly stupid. I was going about 10mph and it still made the bottom of my car it the road. All I could hear was BANG!!!

have to go over them daily, theres a few scrapes on our exhaust from them and hubby only does 10-15 max mph

It must be awful being driven over speed bumps if you are in an ambulance say with fractures or broken limbs:(

Could be worse they could be being taken to hospital an sj if their injuries didn't kill them hitting a speed bump at 10-15mph in an sj would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueDragon View Post

The speed bumps going down Sicey Av just off Hatfield House lane is absolutly stupid. I was going about 10mph and it still made the bottom of my car it the road. All I could hear was BANG!!!

When you say stupid do you mean they slow you down?

No he means underneath his car still hit the bumps at 10 mph, plain english not good enough for you to understand:

If the bump is 8 inches high and your car has 6 inches clearance between the exhaust and the ground, it's a pretty impressive skill.

Not if your car goes up and down along with the road surface.

Archived