Speed humps damaging your vehicle.

Your guess would be wrong.

The council don't just stick a pin in a map and then decide to put speed bumps there to annoy people.

They do because it because there has been a large amount of accidents there due to idiots speeding and killing and maimng people.

Have you actually read my post?

Are you in possession of the "speed initiative" documents that were sent to all the residents in S7 an S11 where speed humps were installed or proposed?

Would you care to answer the question. Do you think 10mph is an excessive speed?

Speed bumps should be used to enforce the speed limit in force, they should not be used to force drivers to slow to a stop in order to negotiate them.

The fact that you ask the question shows your complete lack of knowledge about these things.

You have to drive at a speed appropriate to the situation. If the springs in a car broke when the car went over a speed bump then it is obvious the driver went over too fast for the situation. It speaks for itself.

But what we really have here is incompetent drivers not wanting to admit that they are incompetent, so they blame other people or things.

Have you actually read my post?

Are you in possession of the "speed initiative" documents that were sent to all the residents in S7 an S11 where speed humps were installed or proposed?

Have you actually read mine? Why do councils put speed bumps in certain places and not other places?

Have you actually read mine? Why do councils put speed bumps in certain places and not other places?

Yes.

You've given two different reasons. Which one would you like me to accept?

I can then check your answer against the reasons given in the "speed initiative" documents I have back at home.

I will give you a hint in choosing your answer. One of your suggestions is wrong, and the other is not right.

:)

For goodness sake why don't you read the highway code and take some refresher driving lessons in order to learn about the dangers of speeding, rather than arguing about your right to speed.

All you and the others who complain about speed bumps/cameras etc are doing is showing how uninformed you are about driving.

Your lack of knowledge about driving is frightening and the reason thousands of children get killed every year.

The fact that you ask the question shows your complete lack of knowledge about these things.

You have to drive at a speed appropriate to the situation. If the springs in a car broke when the car went over a speed bump then it is obvious the driver went over too fast for the situation. It speaks for itself.

But what we really have here is incompetent drivers not wanting to admit that they are incompetent, so they blame other people or things.

Absolute drivel! :loopy:

Just answer the question. Is 10mph too fast? Yes or No.

Do you drive, or are you an armchair expert?

What professional driver training have you undertaken?

Are you assessed every 2 years by a qualified police instructor, as I am?

If a reduction in speed limit is required for a road, then it should be achieved by lowering the limit, and not by the artificial means of the introduction of speed bumps.

• 1 year later...

Was in London recently and the speed humps there were about a foot high. Cars parked either side so no chance of positioning your car over two of them. Saw one of the beasts ahead, slowed down to around 10mph... heard a horrible crunching sound. I checked the car and my number plate, which I have lowered, had been half ripped off. No speed hump anywhere else in the UK has damaged it but these humps were ridiculously high. I was furious. I would love to know which idiot designed them and whether or not they've actually ever driven a cat in their entire life. Now I have to pay for a new kit and re-fit it, all because of a stupidly designed speed hump.

I have a feeling that the money for speed humps came from either the EU or central govt and not out of the councils road budget so sticking them in all over was a good way of making it look like you were doing something useful to the roads without spending any money.

Archived