Ian's legacy (fatal victim of homophobic attack)

Use your common,it was a serious incident therefore it would have been reported straight away by the time I got a hearsay account I would imagine everybody who needed to be there would have arrived.I just dont get your drift with this are you being deliberately obtuse or does it just come naturally.Re read my post on" if I were there",again" and see if you can understand it this time.Iv just read on the BBC web page that Charlie Gilmour has been charged with violent disorder in London..Do you think I should ring Attercliffe Police and report it..after all I wasnt there either

Shall we explore another avenue here then? Let's say someone at your place of work is being harassed and put down on account of being gay.

Would you speak out and support them, ignore it, or join in?

By coincidence the first charges since new laws came in last year for stirring up hatred on grounds of sexual orientation have been brought today. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12298858

Yes, I heard this reported on the radio this morning - apparently the leaflets were calling for gays to be executed.

Looks like a neccesssary and proper use of the law to me.

Yes, I heard this reported on the radio this morning - apparently the leaflets were calling for gays to be executed.

Looks like a neccesssary and proper use of the law to me.

They should have the book chucked at them. Those kind of views are not acceptable no matter what your religion, people shouldn't be hung for being gay.

Shall we explore another avenue here then? Let's say someone at your place of work is being harassed and put down on account of being gay.

A lot of people wouldn't. Put it this way, you don't get a lot of out gays on sites do you? I know a civil engineer who in 32 years of working has not told one colleague he is gay, nor that he has entered into a civil partnership aside from filling in compulsory, confidential forms.

Why would I not support them,I detest any sort of bullying,you seem to have an agenda on trying to say Im homophobic..why is this ? I think if you read my answer on what I would have done if I had been there you wouldnt need to ask this question..somehow the thread has got conjoined with the paid informant thread ,for what reason baffles me.

When I saw this, I couldn't believe that this could happen these days anywhere in the UK, but especially London! How could a kid in London be so vile when it came to difference? As people of all kinds are all around them all day everyday of their life... Homophobia isn't dead, but it's not seen that often in Sheffield, and I've never experienced it in London.. Scrubbers like these cost us all money in food and accomodation whilst they are inside - makes me wonder why we keep em breathing?

Why would I not support them,I detest any sort of bullying,you seem to have an agenda on trying to say Im homophobic..why is this ? I think if you read my answer on what I would have done if I had been there you wouldnt need to ask this question..somehow the thread has got conjoined with the paid informant thread ,for what reason baffles me.

Is that so? Well, well, well...

Archived