Royal Mail needs to go!

It's now been 12 days since I sent my gift to my little nephew and it still hasn't arrived. At least 3 others also haven't arrived either.

It appears I am not entitled to any re-compensation whatsoever!

About 7 years ago I received a bag from Royal Mail with about 6 opened letters! Money missing too!

Virtually every year this happens, or I hear of someone else it having happened to!

With all the questions I was asked when at the Post Office I am more than sure they are aware of the problem within their business.

Should RM be held accountable or dismantled as unfit for purpose!

Yes, they should be held accountable. It would help if everyone made an official complaint to Royal Mail in these incidences and not just grumble to the lady at the post office counter (not saying you did that, but I think that's mostly what happens).

I am tempted to go back and do so... Because she is the only face to the company I have... :rant:

They have stolen from me and others, and continue to do so unpunished! :huh:

It's now been 12 days since I sent my gift to my little nephew and it still hasn't arrived. At least 3 others also haven't arrived either.

Have you checked to see if they have lost it or are you going on what you're brother/sister have reported back to you?

It appears I am not entitled to any re-compensation whatsoever!

If it's classed as 'lost' you will get some compensation but it may be less than the value of the gift which is why they give you the option of extra cover.

About 7 years ago I received a bag from Royal Mail with about 6 opened letters! Money missing too!

7 years ago? Considering how many parcels and letters they deal with every single day I'd say their rate of lost packages and mistakes are much lower than a lot of other businesses and companies...

To answer your question. Again - look at the amount they handle every day and the amount of times things go wrong and you'll probably find they are fit for purpose...

@LaughingCow

4 gifts (known about) all gone missing and now all a week past the birthday, never mind how long since sent. Notice a pattern?

Hmmm, the extra cover option, so this is a known issue, but they can manage it if you pay over the odds! :)

You say "7" years ago, notice I also said "virtually every year this happens", I highlighted that year because it was so shocking.

I order a lot things from amazon, i've had numerous books disappear and others turn up eaten by the machine.

As to claims, supposedly you can only make 3 claims I was told a couple of years ago! Please tell me different, I have a good number of claims which have gone un-reported due to frustration.

@LaughingCow

4 gifts (known about) all gone missing and now all a week past the birthday, never mind how long since sent. Notice a pattern?

Hmmm, the extra cover option, so this is a known issue, but they can manage it if you pay over the odds! :)

You say "7" years ago, notice I also said "virtually every year this happens", I highlighted that year because it was so shocking.

I order a lot things from amazon, i've had numerous books disappear and others turn up eaten by the machine.

As to claims, supposedly you can only make 3 claims I was told a couple of years ago! Please tell me different, I have a good number of claims which have gone un-reported due to frustration.

I don't know about any restriction on claims I'd just keep claiming until they tell you to stop. And maybe carry on even then?

You seem to have had bad luck with RM !

Your postie is a tealeaf, or hates you :-)

My postie is the grumpiest in the world!

I do feel sorry for him in some weathers though!

When he's not working he's actually very pleasant!

(But he really doesn't like me when I order numerous 1000 page books at a time!) :huh:

Archived