Electronic tagging, have we realised its full potential?

It would create a whole new boom industry meaning more jobs and eventualy less tags.

where would the money to get all the stuff in the place come from. and, if, by your own admission, it is a self-diminishing industry why would anyone want to invest hundreds of millions into a project that would seize to be viable in a few years, if that. (if it goes as you think, that is)

besides, what would happen to those who are unemployed but there are just no jobs? would we have to employ them to watch some other people that have no jobs to go to so don't really need to be watched in the first place?

Although i don't agree with this scenario, i would welcome a system that all immigrants caught in the UK illegally should be tagged even chipped.

isn't the idea to deport them if you can catch them. why tag them, so you can let them go again? chipping is never gonna happen.

where would we get the money for the tags, the phone lines, the phone bills, the staff, the...?

And....who do you tag? All? Those with past offences? Those as possible offenders? Or do we just tag all unemployed regardless?

Why not include other crimes as part of the smart idea mop up operation..why not tag 64 million people?

See how easy lateral thinking is? Do I get royalties for the extra suggestion?

where would the money to get all the stuff in the place come from. and, if, by your own admission, it is a self-diminishing industry why would anyone want to invest hundreds of millions into a project that would seize to be viable in a few years, if that. (if it goes as you think, that is)

besides, what would happen to those who are unemployed but there are just no jobs? would we have to employ them to watch some other people that have no jobs to go to so don't really need to be watched in the first place?

Do you know of any boom industry that is not self-diminishing? Nothing lasts forever and my plan puts an end to benefit fraudsters! Not bad is it. :)

And....who do you tag? All? Those with past offences? Those as possible offenders? Or do we just tag all unemployed regardless?

Why not include other crimes as part of the smart idea mop up operation..why not tag 64 million people?

See how easy lateral thinking is? Do I get royalties for the extra suggestion?

No royalties I'm afraid, this is about preventing good people from falling into crime simply because they are unemployed.

Archived