Does the Royal family really need to be so rich?

The British public are fickle. They jump ship at the merest hint of scullduggery then back on board when Queenie gives a wave. Diana as an example of how the public of this great nation of ours went to it's knees for it's little fairy tale princess when she got deaded. The great British public get what they deserve, parasites.

I don't think they need to be rich. To be honest I don't think they need, to be. It's about time this country grew some balls instead of following the ruling elite and disguising it under the banner of loyalty, to one person? An owld bat with a Blue rinse? Sheer madness.

Btw, My first duty as King would to be to invite you all round to Buck Palace for a cuppa. No biccies as I would be on a royal economy drive. Then I'd ask you all to sling yer hook.

My point is, and I think I need to clarify this, the Royal family are paid by the state to do nothing, or very little. They have royal duties but this obviously does not occupy their time in the same way a full time job does the rest of the population. Price Charles for example has commercial businesses.

I suppose there are 2 points here.

1. Why does the Royal family not have to shoulder any of the burden currently being foisted on the population?

2. Why do we pay the royal family so much money to do nothing, only for them to use this money and time to create businesses that make them even richer?

They did give up large chunks of their assets, in exchange for being given a Civil List income in the first place.

There are vastly richer families in the country than the Windsors. I'm not sure why everybody always picks on the same family as being unfairly rich.

Not many in this country richer than the Windsors - do you know how much they are worth?

And the others usually amassed their fortunes by actually working hard and earning it.

My point is, and I think I need to clarify this, the Royal family are paid by the state to do nothing, or very little. They have royal duties but this obviously does not occupy their time in the same way a full time job does the rest of the population. Price Charles for example has commercial businesses.

I suppose there are 2 points here.

1. Why does the Royal family not have to shoulder any of the burden currently being foisted on the population?

2. Why do we pay the royal family so much money to do nothing, only for them to use this money and time to create businesses that make them even richer?

Exactly - so much for "We are all in it together"

Does anyone need to be as rich as they are ?

Why isolate Royalty ?

Because we GIVE it to them rather than them earning it with the sweat of their brow.

Archived