Richest 1000 take their money

The public debt was built up by a shortfall in tax revenues because of the banking crash and the resultant constraints on private sector lending.

Your blame is entirely misplaced.... look to those profiting out of other people's misery for an indication of where to point your finger. Not to the poorest in society that depend upon or deliver services people need.

It is difficult to see how a couple of bank bailouts could lead to a £1.2 trillion of government debt and a £155 billion annual short fall in tax revenues. It is more likely that overspending on the public sector and the appointment of 1 million extra public sector workers had something to do with the crisis.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was our massive debt or our public spending black hole which was spiralling out of control long before the banking crisis came along.

What makes you think I havent done so already? :-) I started transferring stuff out of Labour's grubby little grasping reach back in 97.

I'm just at a loss to understand you full stop.

The few who understand the system, will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on its favours that there will be no opposition from those; while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantages...will bear its burden without complaint, and perhaps without suspecting that the system is inimical to their best interests.

according to this

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

we as a nation would need to take the wealth of the top 10,000 super rich in the uk.

still as they would be doing there nation a great service why not.

the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

it could be done in the name of the greater good.

Good idea. It would be like resetting the clock. Beats 30 years plus of naional debt. IM ALL FOR IT.:love:

What makes you think I havent done so already? :-) I started transferring stuff out of Labour's grubby little grasping reach back in 97.

Indeed I doubt the Super Rich pay much tax here either.

Maybe if people pulled theri weight and didn't avoid their taxes we could solve the debt, pay for public services and not increase taxation.... just demand payment from those that avoid and evade it.

Remind me where are we with the LibDem's plans to introduce a duty to pay tax?

the few who understand the system, will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on its favours that there will be no opposition from those; while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantages...will bear its burden without complaint, and perhaps without suspecting that the system is inimical to their best interests.

cut through all the rubbish and take from the rich to sort the issue. Job done.

Simple economics... That pound coin in your pocket has less buying power since "quantitative easing" - therefore that process took some of the value of that money

Not Wilsonian economics then?

The Lying Scotsman and his cronies were suggesting - right up to the end - that people should borrow more, the government should print more and people should spend more.

Here's a shovel. Dig the hole deeper and eventually you will get out.

It is difficult to see how a couple of bank bailouts could lead to a £1.2 trillion of government debt and a £155 billion annual short fall in tax revenues. It is more likely that overspending on the public sector and the appointment of 1 million extra public sector workers had something to do with the crisis.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was our massive debt or our public spending black hole which was spiralling out of control long before the banking crisis came along.

No, it's the interest we have to pay on pretty much *all* currency that is the root of the problem and the national debt

Do you really think all that money went on public services that year? :hihi:

The shortfall came from the impact on business of the lending crisis. The failure of banks to release money sent thousands of companies to the wall. Something that would have been a lot worse had it not been for bailing the banks out and fiscal stimulus. It was public spending that saved the economy from even more damage that the banks and their backers inflicted on us.

Archived