Richest 1000 take their money

The recession, the failure of GDP to grow as expected had the impact of reducing tax returns.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=192

No it didn't.

GDP only fluctuated a few points, and anyway Governments don't spend GDP they spend tax revenues which hardly fell at all. Indeed the Governments highest ever tax income was in 2007/2009 when it stood at £549 billion. In 2008/2009 it had only dropped to £533 billion which was still far higher than it had been in 2006/2007. Even the last financial year of 2009/2010 tax revenue is still above the level of 2006/2007.

So if the tax revenue only dropped by £15/25 billion it is difficult to imagine how that could be responsible for Darlings £175 billion ANNUAL shortfall. There is still £160 billion of overspending there somewhere.

I tried to point that out, apprently I was misquoting him and he hasn't spoken to me since, result :D:thumbsup:

Without trying to be rude, he doesn't seem to really understand what he's suggesting our it's implications so he probably doesn't see the irony.

I think the OP has a good point.

After all, look at Zimbabwe - it worked a treat for them just taking the land and wealth form its rich farmers, the country is absolutely rolling in prosperity and productivity now.

I think the OP has a good point.

After all, look at Zimbabwe - it worked a treat for them just taking the land and wealth form its rich farmers, the country is absolutely rolling in prosperity and productivity now.

Damn right. A freind of mine showed me his pay packet - he had banknotes in there with 23 zeros on them he made so much money.

The next day there were 25 zeros on his notes! That's a payrise and a half. Except he said it was more like a cut.

Archived