Richest 1000 take their money

many are on their way back to what they had before the crunch. not sating their money is not obscene, it is. but to rob them( many on the list are self made, not from old money, as you put it) is worse.

if we demand kids to die in service to this nation we can demand 1000 super rich hand over the money they have. old money or not.

if we demand kids to die in service to this nation we can demand 1000 super rich hand over the money they have. old money or not.

different situations. and, while, i would consider you to be morally correct, the world is money driven. the kids could die ten a day in Iraq or Afghanistan, for a year but the effect that would have on the nation would still be less than what you're proposing.

sad, but true.

why defend them?

i'm no more defending than you are a threat to them, just pointing out some flaws i see in your proposal. if you can answer them all, then i would be good to say you have something good to work with, though we know it'll only ever be in the realms of 'if'.

Haven't you grasped it yet that there is a structure in society.

Surely if you have been in the army you can recognise this.

Yes, there is a structure in society, but this isn't the army.

There has to be the hope of bettering oneself, and if that still isn't possible through education and hard work, huge divisions are going to open up in society.

This is what's happening now. The rich, powerful and well connected control politics, media, banks, and business, in fact everything they need to get richer and richer. All at other people's (that's us) expense.

You only need to look at the likes of Philip Green. He manufactures in other countries because it's cheaper and avoids paying tax in this country. He does this for his own benefit so his coffers increase, not ours.

So what do we do?

Give him a Knighthood and a place in government! Cosy.

Yes, there is a structure in society, but this isn't the army.

There has to be the hope of bettering oneself, and if that still isn't possible through education and hard work, huge divisions are going to open up in society.

This is what's happening now. The rich, powerful and well connected control politics, media, banks, and business, in fact everything they need to get richer and richer. All at other people's (that's us) expense.

You only need to look at the likes of Philip Green. He manufactures in other countries because it's cheaper and avoids paying tax in this country. He does this for his own benefit so his coffers increase, not ours.

So what do we do?

Give him a Knighthood and a place in government! Cosy.

and yet others on here que up to defend him:loopy:

i'm no more defending than you are a threat to them, just pointing out some flaws i see in your proposal. if you can answer them all, then i would be good to say you have something good to work with, though we know it'll only ever be in the realms of 'if'.

this idea has merit, even with its flaws. we could leave them all with one million each and still get 334 thousand million to help sort the debt.

Rupert Murdoch uses something like 160 + different shell companies and offshore companies to reduce his tax burden, and pays something like 6% actually in tax, unlike the 40% people would believe. tax evasion is the biggest problem for the super rich. Phillip Green pays no personal tax in the uk apparently, as his interests are registered to his wife who is a resident of monaco i believe

Archived