Richest 1000 take their money

It's what you would have done if you were faced with a crippling mortgage interest rate of 18%. like I did in the 80s, to survive and keep my home.

It's dog eat dog at the moment. Live with it, like I did, and get over it. After a very long financial struggle I've come out of the other end.

Keep calm and carry on.

I'm so glad you won your battle. But you are not the big fish I am freferring to.

Can you honestly see Philip Green in that situation?

Trust me. He will have money squirelled where noone can get at it, plus friends in high places who will see to it he's never out of a job.

If we live in a global economy, where the top few are free to move their businesses where ever they like, then it should be truly Global.

All Pay, taxes, benefits, etc. should be also be equal where ever you work.

A capitalist system in a global market is great while you're on the winning team, but awful when you're not.

I've got news for some people - the western world is no longer the winning team, and the rich are going to make dam sure they don't suffer. They don't give a fig about the rest of us. They are quite happy to see us slum it in the new third world.

not with a good accountant they wont :loopy:some people are so gullible.

The top 1% of earners pay 24% of this countries tax, the next 9% pay another 29% of this counties tax. So the top 10% of earners pay well over 50% of this countries tax income.

im not saying raise tax. im saying take the top 1000 rich in the uk and make them handover there money. use that to pay the national debt. then thank them for the great service they have given to the nation. maybe with a medal. and the thanks of the other 60 million plus in the nation. [/Quote]

Parliament would have to propose, draft and pass a "Seizure of The Wealth and Assets of the UKs wealthiest 1000 persons Bill". Then, because most of the wealth is held in the form of businesses and companies (including overseas shareholders), these would have to be sold to realise the money. A bill such as this would most likely cause a collapse of the UK stock market resulting in the drastically lower values of these companies, moreover potential buyers would be reluctant to invest if they thought they would be filling the shoes of the next 1000 wealthiest persons. To say nothing of the level of interest rates.

The top 1% of earners pay 24% of this countries tax, the next 9% pay another 29% of this counties tax. So the top 10% of earners pay well over 50% of this countries tax income.

well the top 10% can afford it. im talking about the super rich the top 0.001% 1000 individuals with £335 billion pounds.

Parliament would have to propose, draft and pass a "Seizure of The Wealth and Assets of the UKs wealthiest 1000 persons Bill". Then, because most of the wealth is held in the form of businesses and companies (including overseas shareholders), these would have to be sold to realise the money. A bill such as this would most likely cause a collapse of the UK stock market resulting in the drastically lower values of these companies, moreover potential buyers would be reluctant to invest if they thought they would be filling the shoes of the next 1000 wealthiest persons. To say nothing of the level of interest rates.

What do you think you are doing by including reality into this thread !

To the OP just lets say we do go for your idea, how would you suggest we actually get our grubby hands on their assets / money as im guessing most of it would be stashed off shore and in tax havens.

if we as a nation can seize assets of other nations we can do it to those 1000

Archived