Richest 1000 take their money

i think the tax dodge thing is wrong, morally. it's how the third world still keeps getting raped among other things. and if you make money from a county pay your taxes there. only right. but it can only be a global change if any is to happen
Agreed. The global change bit is the reason why it wont happen, tho. The only thing going on globally is consolidation of assets, certainly not liabilities.

Tho I think the literalists on this thread will think we're going off topic...

Am accountant can't change the law, corporation tax is paid on profit which is calculated before any distribution through dividends.

Salaries come out before that calculation of course as do any other costs, but unless you can live and work abroad that won't help as your salary will attract more taxation than corporate profit and tax on dividends.

An if you live in Monaco, for instance? You know, the reason this sub-subject came up.

So you want to make it illegal to transfer property to a spouse? Otherwise we have to accept that she owns it and employs him to run it.

cyclone, ease up on the assumptions. i said from the jump that it's within the law as it stands so he's legally right. and I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to transfer property to a spouse. I'm saying they are doing everything within the law, but there are moral questions about it. and, i went further to say that the system could be changed to close some of the loopholes, but it needs to be global. which is why i then said it would take 400 years. I'm not a tax expert so can't suggest how to fix it, but the system is broken.

An if you live in Monaco, for instance? You know, the reason this sub-subject came up.

Then paying it as income might make sense, I can't see how the uk can have any complaint about the tax regimes of sovereign nations though. Not without inviting the same interference in return.

Then paying it as income might make sense, I can't see how the uk can have any complaint about the tax regimes of sovereign nations though. Not without inviting the same interference in return.
Agreed. As a number of people have pointed out, we *know* what they're doing is technically ok, but some of us enjoy the fun of speculating how things could be, even when we know they would never happen.

Hope that's ok with you? ;)

cyclone, ease up on the assumptions. i said from the jump that it's within the law as it stands so he's legally right. and I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to transfer property to a spouse. I'm saying they are doing everything within the law, but there are moral questions about it. and, i went further to say that the system could be changed to close some of the loopholes, but it needs to be global. which is why i then said it would take 400 years. I'm not a tax expert so can't suggest how to fix it, but the system is broken.

I don't deer how it can be considered immoral, unless the tax regime in monaco itself is immoral.

Agreed. As a number of people have pointed out, we *know* what they're doing is technically ok, but some of us enjoy the fun of speculating how things could be, even when we know they would never happen.

Hope that's ok with you? ;)

Speculate away, I just don't set how you can claim it's immoral.

green still is doing the tax system a disservice, isn't he? not his fault, though.

As ive said before, don't hate the player, hate the game. Everyone of us on here would do exactly the same thing if we where in Philip Greens shoes.

As ive said before, don't hate the player, hate the game. Everyone of us on here would do exactly the same thing if we where in Philip Greens shoes.

right now i would say i wouldn't. i would want to take as many up with me as i can. but, you're right. the laws are there for everyone to exploit. anyone is welcome to do it. it's the game needs fixing.

Archived