Richest 1000 take their money

No country, not even the US can afford a trade war with China. Recent figures show US exports to China $80 billion. China exports to US $360 billion. Not hard to tell who has the upper hand. Most people are also hypocritical, we all like our cheap goods like £500 LCD TV's, £5 T shirts etc, all of which are immpossible to produce in western society due to high labour cost, taxation etc.
High labour costs a part myth, the far eastern factories are of the latest technology compare to what the British worker was using, granted low wages are paid, but Dysons products don't reflect the 80% drop in labour costs.

High labour costs a part myth, the far eastern factories are of the latest technology compare to what the British worker was using, granted low wages are paid, but Dysons products don't reflect the 80% drop in labour costs.

Trust me, high labour costs are not a myth. I used to work for an Engineering company who was forced to close because of China. At the time a well educated graduate Engineer wage was $1 dollar/per hour. An unskilled worker was $0.25/ hr. They are prepared to work 12hr days, 7 days a week. how do you compete with that.

Trust me, high labour costs are not a myth. I used to work for an Engineering company who was forced to close because of China. At the time a well educated graduate Engineer wage was $1 dollar/per hour. An unskilled worker was $0.25/ hr. They are prepared to work 12hr days, 7 days a week. how do you compete with that.

I've no idea. Ask the Germans. They seem to manage to export quite a bit and their wages are anything but low.

Don't understand the relevance of the question? nothing if the truth be known because my tax code was correct.
who set your tax code ? how many items did you offset against your tax code examples (car,petrol,mobilephone,computer)just a few.i bet it was none i wonder why ?now do you really think you paid the correct tax?

I've no idea. Ask the Germans. They seem to manage to export quite a bit and their wages are anything but low.
Simple after WWII the Marshall Aid plan gave the Germans the latest plant and machinery whilst much of the UKs plant and machinery was 19th century or early 20th.

The new factories in the far east which will soon include those in vietnam have got the latest equipment, just remember not so long ago it was the Japanese where cheap labour was found but not anymore.

Simple after WWII the Marshll Aid plan gave the Germans the latest plant and machinery whilst much of the UKs plant and machinery was 19th century or early 20th.

The new factories in the far east which will soon include those in vietnam have got the latest equipment, just remember not so long ago it was the Japanese where cheap labour was found but not anymore.

I don't know any German factories which are using plant and machinery introduced immediately after WWll.

German Labout costs are amongst the highest in the World.

Germany (although it has a population of only 100 million or so) is the second largest exporter in the World. Kevski35 appears to be suggesting that the reason the UK and other countries are unable to compete effectively is direct labour costs. Germany's export figures do not bear that out.

I don't know any German factories which are using plant and machinery introduced immediately after WWll.
Then you don't know as much as you claim, the whole purpose of the Marshall Plan was to put Europe back on its feet, most of the German and other European factories were bombed to smithereens, the Marshall Plan started in 1947 made available $13Billion for this rebuilding.

The UK received nothing and had to make do with antiquated Plant machinery.

Then you don't know as much as you claim, the whole purpose of the Marshall Plan was to put Europe back on its feet, most of the German and other European factories were bombed to smithereens, the Marshall Plan started in 1947 made available $13Billion for this rebuilding.

The UK received nothing and had to make do with antiquated Plant machinery.

I think his point was that that equipment was replaced a long time ago and thus the Marshall plan has nothing to do with the situation today.

Low income earners pay more in proportion than high earners. If a footballer on £100k per week pays £20k he's still got £80k per week, if a low earner on £200 per week pays tax at the same rate he pays £40 and only has £160 per week.

But in reality the footballer then gets advice on how to pay less than £20k per week, that is the immoral part.

A high earner only pays the same for a loaf of bread, so inproportion to his wage compared to a low earner in reality he pays far less..

That simply isn't true though is it.

The low earner in your example pays 20% tax on £76 of his income (because we have a 0% tax rate on the first 6k+ of our income). His tax bill is thus £15.20/week.

The high earner pays 50% tax on the vast majority of his earnings. So he actually pays over £48k a week in tax.

The actual % of income paid in tax is close to 50% for the higher earner and approx 7.6% for the low earner.

Okay, the football employs an accountant and uses some loopholes, he probably cuts 10 or 15 % of the rate he actually pays, so it's closer to 35%. The low earner can pay into a pension and cut a bit of his tax as well, getting it down to maybe 6%...

So, fairly conclusive that our tax system is progressive and that the rich pay both a higher amount and a higher % as tax.

The op is a hypocrite just read his other threads especially about adoption/fostering.He is unable to take criticism or answer questions.

He is bitter and should get off his arse and get a job.

the top 1k rich should have all wealth removed from them to repair the nations wealth. 1k suffer yes but 65 million dont, its a no brainer.

im not bitter im happy, i have a job and always have, oh and its not a made up one:roll:

Archived