Richest 1000 take their money

You don't get it do you newboy....

If you raise tax then people paying that tax tend to leave. Like myself - I'd go and frstly you wouldn't see the money as there is no way to get it back. Secondly you lose all your future tax receipts, whcih would be a reasonable amount. You also would be putting a few dozen well paid UK workers oout of work, as I would relocate my buisness somewhere more conducive like Suisse, or perhaps Lichentenstein.

So you lose future tax receipts from me, corporation tax, have to pay welfare etc to a few dozen unemployed people, and lose their tax receipts and NI payments as well.

Hardly a sensible choice is it.

Ever heard of the parable about not killing the goose that lays the golden egg?

If you raise tax then people paying that tax tend to leave. Like myself - I'd go and frstly you wouldn't see the money as there is no way to get it back. Secondly you lose all your future tax receipts, whcih would be a reasonable amount. You also would be putting a few dozen well paid UK workers oout of work, as I would relocate my buisness somewhere more conducive like Suisse, or perhaps Lichentenstein.

So you lose future tax receipts from me, corporation tax, have to pay welfare etc to a few dozen unemployed people, and lose their tax receipts and NI payments as well.

im not saying raise tax. im saying take the top 1000 rich in the uk and make them handover there money. use that to pay the national debt. then thank them for the great service they have given to the nation. maybe with a medal. and the thanks of the other 60 million plus in the nation.

Don't be silly, haven't you heard? No one earning more than him pays tax!

im not saying raise tax. im saying take the top 1000 rich in the uk and make them handover there money. use that to pay the national debt. then thank them for the great service they have given to the nation. maybe with a medal. and the thanks of the other 60 million plus in the nation.

Why target the people who have made huge contributions to the country? Why not target those who have never contributed anything?

Firstly the top 1000 dont have enough to cover the national debt. Secondly how are you going to do it. Invade Sussie to get the money? Ask them impolitely?

And then what? Once you've done that everyone else that you may come running for will simply leave the country with all their money leaving the country worse off. It's a foolish ill conceived idea and I suspect even you know it.

Firstly the top 1000 dont have enough to cover the national debt. Secondly how are you going to do it. Invade Sussie to get the money? Ask them impolitely?

And then what? Once you've done that everyone else that you may come running for will simply leave the country with all their money leaving the country worse off. It's a foolish ill conceived idea and I suspect even you know it.

to me its a far better option than my preschool child paying off this debt. sure we would have a few years of outrage but time moves on. better that than 30 years of outragious debt.

to me its a far better option than my preschool child paying off this debt. sure we would have a few years of outrage but time moves on. better that than 30 years of outragious debt.

Yes, to you and you alone. Luckily you do not control what happens.

Firstly the top 1000 dont have enough to cover the national debt.

on this one point if the top 1000 dont have enough then take it from the top 10,000 super rich, for the greater good.

By greater good, what do you mean exactly?

I don't see any greater good in removing billions from the economy, cutting thousands of jobs and stealing from people myself.

Archived