Advice on selling a cherished registration plate

im wanting to sell the plate on. i know i have to put it on a retention to do this but this costs money. looking really for experiences how easy it is to sell on - i know there are services to sell plates but dont want to just to be on a retention for a year until i lose it anyway because i cant get a buyer.

plate is HKZ 7737 - as said its not worth vast amounts but is worth more than the retention fee if i can sell it. Ive lost out hugely with my car being written off and now still getting screwed by insurance, just dont want to lose out on a few extra £s i could get back for plate but as ive not done it before dont know if id be taking a gamble. no point spending £100 if i cant sell it :/ i know it takes a little while for these things to go through but just dont know if people are buying plates, i know a lot of people dont have money to spare atm (me included!)

thanks for any help

It has very little value.

You could try Elite Registrations. I have a personalised plate and contemplated selling it. They made me a large cash offer to sell it to them. They also suggested that they could list it on their adds for substantially more and sell on my behalf.

Archived