Unique/Different/Weird Restaurants You Must Go!

Odin's Wrath

Shirazz on Abbeydale road south is Persain and it's good.

I really like Babylon on Pitsmoor road I think, heading towards the Northern General. It used to be a pub. It's a bit persian / not sure what but it's cheap and the food is great and you take your own drinks. Their breads are amazing, as is the obergine based sauce.

Zeugma is good if you haven't already been - authentic turkish kebab. Heard good stuff about the dumpling place on London road too, although apparently its hard to work out how you're meant to eat it/ put it together...

Zeugma is good if you haven't already been - authentic turkish kebab. Heard good stuff about the dumpling place on London road too, although apparently its hard to work out how you're meant to eat it/ put it together...

Do you mean the chinese fondue bar? You get a pot of stock, order the veg and the meats and cook them yourself to your own taste - you also get to choose the type of stock and can have two different stocks in a divided pan... It's proper Chinese, not just Canton/Hong Kong stuff... Their dumplings are also Chinese dumplings, not Hong Kong ones (on a plate, rather than in a soup)... Anyone who finds it hard to eat/put together must not be familiar with cooking or eating, as there is nothing complex about it at all... You just buy what you like, and stick it in the pot, pull it back out when cooked and eat it!

I'd second Rowsha in Walkley, the food is absolutely gorgeous. We never bother with the main courses, we just get a load of meze to share...it's a great place to go with a group of people, although we go just as a couple quite a lot as well. I don't find it cramped personally, it's not a big place but the tables are around the edge of the room with space to walk through the middle.

Archived