Sheffield cabbie kicks out women for having beer in her shopping

I can't believe you good people of Sheffield missed this one ... it has everything ... muslims ... taxis ... beer ...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/173827/Muslim-cabbie-bans-a-mum-for-having-beer/

A MUSLIM taxi driver kicked a woman out of his cab because her shopping contained a 12-pack of lager.

Anyway, I've lit the touchpaper now I'm off.

:hihi:

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. If he objected to alcohol he would be losing the vast majority of his trade as 90% of trade on the busiest nights is drunk people.

I think it's interesting she says her son was ill. I suspect he actually didn't want to take the sick child in the cab and she either misunderstood or has said he objected to the booze cos she was angry about it.

These things get over exaggerated. If the child was ill I wouldn't want them in my cab either. I had a spewer at least once a year over 15 years. I only got paid the cleaning up fee once! You have to take the cab out of service and clean it out. If the seats got wet it could take hours.

I don't believe her.

Alison Dawson was not going to drink the alcohol in the taxi. The taxi driver was very intolerant of her beliefs. There should be a special tribunal set up to investigate the disturbing incident - and then the taxi driver should lose his licence and be ordered to undertake equality and diversity awareness training.

Archived