Anyone been to The Old Vicarage?

Chez2

Its our 25th wedding anniversary in May and I'm looking for somewhere nice for a meal out just for the two of us. We normally go to pubs for good home cooked food but I want to do something a little different to mark the occasion. Our anniversary is the Tuesday after May bank holiday. I would consider other places to eat within reasonable distance of junction 31 of the M1.

For the price of a meal at the OV you could take her to a nice hotel for a night or two. Check out the deals and ask her what she'd like. I've eaten at the OV and it was fine but the service was patchy and I think it's not worth the money.

We go regularly to the old vicarage and if youve not been worth trying, but if you are around J31, about 40 mins down the M1 is Sat Bains... Much better, a lot more creative menus, the slow cook duck egg that was on Great British Menu is devine!!!

Definitely worth a visit if you like fine dining.

For the price of a meal at the OV you could take her to a nice hotel for a night or two. Check out the deals and ask her what she'd like. I've eaten at the OV and it was fine but the service was patchy and I think it's not worth the money.

I am the 'her'. The point is 'we' don't have enough holidays to go away. I run my own business so I can pick my own holidays (within reason) but my husband works full time and only gets 20 days leave per year. We are going on holiday two weeks after our anniversary and again in September. When we go away we have to go in our apartment in Bulgaria as I still have to keep in touch and run my business via the internet and phone.

I am open to other suggestions of places to eat. If I could find somewhere worth staying overnight thats's not too far away I might consider that. My husband will have to work though so location is important.

Archived