Soverereigns What They Are Worth

Anyone out there able to tell me how much full soverereigns are worth I have 2 one is on a 18in chain in a mount dated 1974 and the other is on a gold 6link gate bracelet set in a mount dated 1928 Im wanting to sell them as I have no use for them but just wandered what price they were fetching and wheres the best place to sell them on to .............................

Anyone out there able to tell me how much full soverereigns are worth I have 2 one is on a 18in chain in a mount dated 1974 and the other is on a gold 6link gate bracelet set in a mount dated 1928 Im wanting to sell them as I have no use for them but just wandered what price they were fetching and wheres the best place to sell them on to .............................

You should comfortably get £200+ on ebay for a good full sovereign, higher still if the mount/chain/bracelet are at least 9ct gold. You'll get much more on there than you will at a gold buyer.

You should comfortably get £200+ on ebay for a good full sovereign, higher still if the mount/chain/bracelet are at least 9ct gold. You'll get much more on there than you will at a gold buyer.

I would agree, this would be the best bet and if you do ebay them put a £190 reserve on each item. good luck

The 1974 is valued at around £195 However the 1928 sovereign may need a little research. Dependant upon the mint mark you could be either sat with a standard £200 coin or in some rare cases there are 1928 Sov's that came from a different mint that can fetch upwards of £500. Look for a mint mark M for the Melbourne Mint and you could be quids in !

Archived