Why Oh Why Do..

People in the forces always get married in their full military uniform you dont get construction workers walking down the aisle in a high vis vest, steel toe cap boots and a hard hat!!!

.....and before anybody starts this is not a dig at "our boys" but something I have always found a bit odd.

Why do you care what they wear? A few reasons spring to mind ... it saves them having to waste money on hiring or, god forbid, actually buying an outfit to wear to get married in?

Their 'dress uniform' looks good and is something to be proud to be able to wear and defines them as a personality in a way that a construction worker's work gear doesn't?

Or, probably more likely, you have nothing to occupy your mind, so you spend your time poking your nose into other people's business?

Why do you care what they wear? A few reasons spring to mind ... it saves them having to waste money on hiring or, god forbid, actually buying an outfit to wear to get married in?

Their 'dress uniform' looks good and is something to be proud to be able to wear and defines them as a personality in a way that a construction worker's work gear doesn't?

Or, probably more likely, you have nothing to occupy your mind, so you spend your time poking your nose into other people's business?

Here we go.........

A doctor could wear his lab coat in that case but they dont.

People in the forces always get married in their full military uniform you dont get construction workers walking down the aisle in a high vis vest, steel toe cap boots and a hard hat!!!

.....and before anybody starts this is not a dig at "our boys" but something I have always found a bit odd.

Full miltary or ceremonial dress is therefor special occasions, weddings being just one of them it is not combat or fatigue kit.

Full miltary or ceremonial dress is therefor special occasions, weddings being just one of them it is not combat or fatigue kit.

Good answer mate, thanks. Although I asked in a lighthearted way I was genuinely curious as to why, its a pity that the joyless moral majority on here can't see it as that and have to resort to abuse.

Thanks again.

Here we go......... A doctor could wear his lab coat in that case but they dont.
You know very well that it's not the same thing. I think the bride would have something to say if her doctor bridegroom turned up in his non-existent lab coat. When did you last see a doctor wearing anything but his/her everyday clothing? Not many females wears their uniform to get married in anyway, and not every male soldier chooses to either.

I think we all have an inkling of your agenda on this thread, why else feel the need for a 'disclaimer' before you even started?

Archived