Why Oh Why Do..

You know very well that it's not the same thing. I think the bride would have something to say if her doctor bridegroom turned up in his non-existent lab coat. When did you last see a doctor wearing anything but his/her everyday clothing? Not many females wears their uniform to get married in anyway, and not every male soldier chooses to either.

I think we all have an inkling of your agenda on this thread, why else feel the need for a 'disclaimer' before you even started?

Because I know the type of humourless people that reply on here.:hihi:

People in the forces always get married in their full military uniform you dont get construction workers walking down the aisle in a high vis vest, steel toe cap boots and a hard hat!!!

.....and before anybody starts this is not a dig at "our boys" but something I have always found a bit odd.

I suppose you can get married in almost anything you like these days. I must say though, I find looking at wedding photos where the groom is in military uniform, tinged with a bit of sadness, as it probably means that they're not going to be together for a large percentage of the time.

Don't get me started on kilts though! And it's nothing anti-Scotland, I just think it looks terrible.

Good answer mate, thanks. Although I asked in a lighthearted way I was genuinely curious as to why, its a pity that the joyless moral majority on here can't see it as that and have to resort to abuse.

Thanks again.

Because I know the type of humourless people that reply on here.:hihi:
Oh, here we go... the famous 'I was bantering and you have no sense of humour' defence as soon as someone disagrees with your point :hihi:

If you're trying to pretend that you honestly thought that the uniform that a soldier might wear to get married in or on parade is actually the same one that would be worn for daily/combat duties, I apologise for my remarks.

I didn't realise that anyone who can use a computer and post on a forum could really be so ill informed. :)

I suppose you can get married in almost anything you like these days. I must say though, I find looking at wedding photos where the groom is in military uniform, tinged with a bit of sadness, as it probably means that they're not going to be together for a large percentage of the time.

Don't get me started on kilts though! And it's nothing anti-Scotland, I just think it looks terrible.

I got married in uniform followed by two summers of honeymoon in Cyprus.

I didn't realise that anyone who can use a computer and post on a forum could really be so ill informed. :)

After so many posts? You need to pay more attention:P

People in the forces always get married in their full military uniform .

Do they really?

Many of them do, yes.

So many of them always get married in uniform.

Does that mean that if they get married in uniform the first time and subsequently (for whatever reason) re-marry, they have to wear uiform the next time?:huh:

If a construction worker elected to get married in 'working dress' and that meant 'walking down the aisle in a high vis vest, steel toe cap boots and a hard hat' would a naval diver have to clomp ihs way down the aisle wearing a dry suit, weighted boots and a deep-sea diving helmet?

When the Padre asked him: "Do you take this woman...etc" and he replied "wrmph gfrg sdft" how would anybody know what he had said?

I suppose they could feed his helmet with Heliox. - That way his intended wouldn't know whether she was marrying Don the Diver or Donald Duck.

Might add to the interest.

So many of them always get married in uniform.

Does that mean that if they get married in uniform the first time and subsequently (for whatever reason) re-marry, they have to wear uiform the next time?:huh:

If a construction worker elected to get married in 'working dress' and that meant 'walking down the aisle in a high vis vest, steel toe cap boots and a hard hat' would a naval diver have to clomp ihs way down the aisle wearing a dry suit, weighted boots and a deep-sea diving helmet?

When the Padre asked him: "Do you take this woman...etc" and he replied "wrmph gfrg sdft" how would anybody know what he had said?

I suppose they could feed his helmet with Heliox. - That way his intended wouldn't know whether she was marrying Don the Diver or Donald Duck.

Might add to the interest.

Sorry I fell asleep after the first couple of lines, when I have more time I'll do a hatchet job on some of your posts.

Archived