Pubs why are they so quiet?

as a non smoker i miss mixing everyone in the same room smokers all go outside all the characters seem to be smokers i very often go outside to have a chat with them i do think there should be smoking room or smoking pubs you would see trade improve in these pubs.it would be up to punters whether they go to these or not i would like to see human rights challenged on this one. oh for the spirit of pubs before the ban.

The smoking ban is to do with Staff and employers providing a safe environment for them to work. It has nothing to do with customers and them having a choice.

why do you think pub are so empty.i think this can be layed at the door of the smoking ban what do you think.

spot on my friend .

I know many people who have stopped going to the pub ,and now buy cheap booze from the supermarket and drink at home where they can enjoy a cig without the health police on their backs.

spot on my friend .

I know many people who have stopped going to the pub ,and now buy cheap booze from the supermarket and drink at home where they can enjoy a cig without the health police on their backs.

or maybe they are being attracted by the cheap booze. the smoking ban has probably put a few off but if they allowed smoking again it wouldn't help unless the other factors were sorted out aswell. people are too quick to blame the smoking ban and not look at the bigger picture

The smoking ban is the best thing that ever happened

At least I can actually taste my over priced pint now!

With less choice of which pub to choose , due to the mass closure of pubs since the smoking ban was introduced.

Have you spotted the conection ?

With less choice of which pub to choose , due to the mass closure of pubs since the smoking ban was introduced.

I have a far better choice of pubs to go to now that they're all non-smoking. Before, I was limited to the The Wellington which had a smoke free room. If I wanted a cigarette now I'll sit in my garden and enjoy it much as I used to before the smoking ban.

less choice of pub?

theres still hundreds to choose from in sheff, how many do you need?

personally i stopped going to pubs long before the smoking ban, special occasions for me now pubs

The only pubs that have closed are the ones which haven't changed and adapted with the times.

Pub Co owned pubs will continue to close, not because people cant smoke, but because they squeeze every last penny out of landlord through silly rents for pubs that are falling down and charging them through the nose for beer through the tie arrangements. This pushes the retail price to customers up and they stop going.

Why go to your local when you can go to a wetherspoons pub and pay £1.50 per pint less for the same stuff?

Archived