Kindle/i pad etc VS books

I was sceptical at first, but now I love my Kindle. Really easy to read, and being able to change text size is really useful.

After a few weeks with the kindle I recently tried reading a 600 page hardback on a crowded train - definitely a step backwards!

They need to sort out library lending and a mechanism for selling your ebooks on, like you can hardcopy books.

I really wouldn't recommend an iPad for reading books though - my wife has one and the backlit screen hurts my eyes after a while.

I love books, proper books, they smell great, you can read them in the bath, dry them out when you drop them in the bath. Recycle them to generate money for charity.

I read about 3 books a week then drop them off at the charity shop and buy some more, it's my way of giving whilst getting a reward.

Can't be doing with gadgetry in the bath, and you can't flick through a kindle when your on the throne :D

I love books, proper books, they smell great, you can read them in the bath, dry them out when you drop them in the bath. Recycle them to generate money for charity.

I read about 3 books a week then drop them off at the charity shop and buy some more, it's my way of giving whilst getting a reward.

Can't be doing with gadgetry in the bath, and you can't flick through a kindle when your on the throne :D

they started some thing where you finished a book and left it on the bus or park bench or something and whoever gets it next does the same. was a brilliant idea. not sure if it caught on.

i have tried the kindle on the throne:suspect: (tried it every usual place), it's not natural.

I have an e reader,but you can also put films on it ,and photos. As i like to travel as often as i can it will be used a great deal. Oh forgot you can also put your music on it too. But i agree a real book when at home is a must,

Thanks for that. - I've only tried reading books/text on a computer and - like the reviewer - I was dissatisfied with that.

I'll check out Kindle. - Not just for my own use, but also for my wife who is a prolific (and extremely fast) reader. The amount of money she spends on paperbacks is impressive and we have sacks full of them to get rid of.

I would want to 'try befoe I buy' though.;)

I have an e reader,but you can also put films on it ,and photos. As i like to travel as often as i can it will be used a great deal. Oh forgot you can also put your music on it too. But i agree a real book when at home is a must,

for the movies and music sounds a good idea.

Archived