Anyone else had bad experience with British Gas Homecare?

Hi

We recently took out a British Gas Homecare contract and we tried to call them out earlier this week to look at a fault on our boiler but we have had no end of problems including, the engineer incorrectly diagnosing the fault, engineers manager then cancelling our contract as boiler not working (hence our call out!!!!!!!), engineer not coming out on two occasions when we had been told they were, etc, etc! I could go on and on but don't want to rant.

Basically I have wasted a whole week waiting around for either an engineer to come out or a phonecall. It seems the company is SO big that you cannot talk to anyone past the call centre. I have never ever received such a poor customer service.

Has anyone else had any bad experiences with Homecare? Also, does anyone have any recommendations on any similar package we could take up?

Thanks

i know of at least a dozen people that have had there boilers condemned by british gas including myself. we called out independent gas safe engineers and guess what a service was all that the boiler needed. apparently British gas are doing this all over the place including my uncle who lives down south and he knows of a hand full of people that this has happened to as well .. They obviously had there reasons, so my advise to anyone who this happens too is to get an independent service engineer out

Thanks Lisal we did get an independent Gas Safe engineer out who advised us that the British Gas engineer had in fact diagnosed the fault incorrectly but the problem is that British Gas are saying that they stand by what their engineer diagnosed. I have asked for them to send out another engineer just to get a second opinion but apparently the engineers manager won't have this and keeps on cancelling our contract! It is ludricous that such a big company will stick by one mans word without a second opinion!!! We are all human and all make mistakes.

We had a hell of a lot of problems with them so landed up cancelling the contract in the end. We have a combi boiler which apparently needed an engineer who knew how to service them (apparently not all can) and we used to ring up each year for the annual service and specifically point this out, take a day's leave to have it done, sometimes no one would turn up at all or an engineer would come out and say "oh, I can't do combi's".

Terrible customer service, shocking service.

Hi

We recently took out a British Gas Homecare contract and we tried to call them out earlier this week to look at a fault on our boiler but we have had no end of problems including, the engineer incorrectly diagnosing the fault, engineers manager then cancelling our contract as boiler not working (hence our call out!!!!!!!), engineer not coming out on two occasions when we had been told they were, etc, etc! I could go on and on but don't want to rant.

Basically I have wasted a whole week waiting around for either an engineer to come out or a phonecall. It seems the company is SO big that you cannot talk to anyone past the call centre. I have never ever received such a poor customer service.

Has anyone else had any bad experiences with Homecare? Also, does anyone have any recommendations on any similar package we could take up?

Thanks

If you search for the boiler/heating megathread, you'll see my experience with a different company, so my guess is sometimes you'll get good service, sometimes bad, with any company. I was actually thinking of contacting British Gas Homecare to move from the company I'm with, I've had such bad service from them!

Sharks

They want to condemn everything, boiler, cooker etc

We cancelled our contract

We had a quote for a new boiler they gave us a ridiculous price when compared to a Corgi plumber

We let our friendly plumber do the servicing now

Archived