Anyone else had bad experience with British Gas Homecare?

Which company, please?! I'm looking to change cover companies asap. Thanks.

i have it done by my bank. i have a gold account with the bank and they have tradesmen they employ to do this. £25 with British gas and £12 with the bank, ive called them out twice, they have come the next day and done great work, great service

I feel more reassured now that it isn't just us that has found them to be absolutely rubbish and what has made me even more angry is the fact that their customer service is nil. You cannot talk to anyone other than the call centre staff and don't get me wrong as they do an excellent job but they are unable to fully investigate the problem. We put an official complaint in on Weds morning and they are supposed to get back to you within 48 hours but still no phone call!!!

I feel more reassured now that it isn't just us that has found them to be absolutely rubbish and what has made me even more angry is the fact that their customer service is nil. You cannot talk to anyone other than the call centre staff and don't get me wrong as they do an excellent job but they are unable to fully investigate the problem. We put an official complaint in on Weds morning and they are supposed to get back to you within 48 hours but still no phone call!!!

you have to have a gold account with lloyds tsb and they give you the opportunity to join their home care scheme, its cheaper and a brilliant service

Hi

We recently took out a British Gas Homecare contract and we tried to call them out earlier this week to look at a fault on our boiler but we have had no end of problems including, the engineer incorrectly diagnosing the fault, engineers manager then cancelling our contract as boiler not working (hence our call out!!!!!!!), engineer not coming out on two occasions when we had been told they were, etc, etc! I could go on and on but don't want to rant.

Basically I have wasted a whole week waiting around for either an engineer to come out or a phonecall. It seems the company is SO big that you cannot talk to anyone past the call centre. I have never ever received such a poor customer service.

Has anyone else had any bad experiences with Homecare? Also, does anyone have any recommendations on any similar package we could take up?

Thanks

When you have a problem, call a local plumber.

Whenever its time for our annual service we always have to ring them, then they give us a date two months in the future, this make ths annual service move on two months every year. Our boiler makes a right noise since the laset service.

in the past they have been fab.

but now they are a nightmare had a problem with stop tap they said they would be out same night no one turned up then when i rang them back they said we werent covered for it!

and today my flush has broke been waiting in all day rang up was reassured they were coming them rang at 8pm they said they can come tommorow what a joke!!

going to cancel it we pay a lot out to them a year and they cant be bothered to show up!

Archived