Best Taxis in Sheffield?

Kingofworld

Originally posted by owlsman

RD only cover north sheffield, RCA cover all sheffield.

I used to use RD all the time when i lived @ longley. :)

I once went for an "interview" for a job at RD's, it was the last interview I went on before deciding I'd had enough of the sodding job centre and their retardedness back in 1998... They'd already given the job to some 16 year old on the New Deal scheme :loopy:

The fact that I didn't even want the job really is beside the point, I only signed up for the interview to keep the job centre off my back about the lack of interviews I'd been for lately at the time, but to fill the vacancy before interviewing and not even GIVE me an interview is ridiculous! They just blamed the job centre for not taking the vacancy off the board when it had been filled, and the job centre blamed them for not telling them they'd filled the vacancy..

Naturally I went straight down the job centre at Hillsborough Barracks and went fooking BALLISTIC at the staff there cos it wasn't the first time they'd mucked me about like that and I just wasn't prepared to put up with their retardedness any more as the stress of it all was making Mum and I ill... :rant:

Anyway to keep this on topic, my point is that as Taxi service providers RD's may be good, but as employers they clearly don't have a clue.

Originally posted by Rich

I once went for an "interview" for a job at RD's, it was the last interview I went on before deciding I'd had enough of the sodding job centre and their retardedness back in 1998... They'd already given the job to some 16 year old on the New Deal scheme :loopy:

The fact that I didn't even want the job really is beside the point, I only signed up for the interview to keep the job centre off my back about the lack of interviews I'd been for lately at the time, but to fill the vacancy before interviewing and not even GIVE me an interview is ridiculous! They just blamed the job centre for not taking the vacancy off the board when it had been filled, and the job centre blamed them for not telling them they'd filled the vacancy..

Naturally I went straight down the job centre at Hillsborough Barracks and went fooking BALLISTIC at the staff there cos it wasn't the first time they'd mucked me about like that and I just wasn't prepared to put up with their retardedness any more as the stress of it all was making Mum and I ill... :rant:

Anyway to keep this on topic, my point is that as Taxi service providers RD's may be good, but as employers they clearly don't have a clue.

Their office at lane top is a right shat hole mate, lucky escape :hihi:

I agree Mercury can go and whistle!!

we ordered a taxi for 6pm one time and we were stood ages outside then at 6 15 we rang and was told we will have to wait another 20 mins as they are busy!!

20 mins turned into 45! we eventually got the cab at 715!!

im sick of phoning for a cab and been told "theres non in that area" what the hell its a taxi firm taxis go all over sheffield!

I ALWAYS USE RCA i dont even mind waiting 30 mins plus if there busy i find their service great and its usually fast and reliable plus they also have the ring back service. best is to just try a few til u find the one that suits you i suppose. :clap:

Archived