Mubarak is not a dictator

And a massive vacuum which is being filled by radicals.

The Islamic Brotherhood are making a move for government and will turn the place in to a seriously hard line Islamic state.

Probably won't be a tourist destination for much longer, then it'll really be all downhill from there!

After that it'll be all out war on Israel.

Foreign heads of state are caliing for an orderly transition but it's gone too far already for that to happen.

I see a mass exodus of Egyptian professionals, scholars, business people and money if the country falls into the hands of the Islamic hardliners

can you name some?

policies of forced removals of natives from their land that led to thousands dying from malnutrition etc coz they were moved to non productive lands.

the British invented concentration camps in Namibia and south Africa.

every independence struggle ever fought cost lives.

British-run detention camps similar to gulags where thousands died form diseases and hunger in Africa and India

there a great many more examples. i'm surprised you even asking. these things happened, and many to people still alive and living with them. but it was a different time. nothing is gained from dwelling on it, as we'll trap ourselves in the past. but to try to re write history and take out bits we don't like is hardly useful.

Read this in the paper which puts an interesting twist in the tale.

'....Mubarak has been preparing for his son Gamal - an investment banker who once worked in London - to succeed him. Gamal has overseen a liberalisation of the economy, which boosted growth but enriched cronies.'

(I also read somewhere that Mubarak was worth 65 billion, but I've lost the quote.)

'Meanwhile half the country lives on less than $2 a day. The crowds on the streets of Egypt are young people, a wired generation bitter at the lack of opportunity and rising food prices. Barely half have a job, despite often having a good education.'

I said Islamic Brotherhood, doing research i'm not too sure if it's Muslim Brotherhood, and if the Islamic Brotherhood are actually the same.

But it sounds like hard line Sharia law is being favoured by the people!

Tbh, I can't see any of the peoples of North African states wanting hard line Islamic rule. They see Western tourists coming to their countries and I think they want more Western style freedoms that they see their visitors have. Most of them have been ruled by one quasi dictator/autocrat for decades and they want democratic reforms, the Islamists would deliver the opposite, but will they realise this?

Feb 2009: Cairo market blast: Bombers 'targeted Western tourists'

Sep 2008: Abducted Western Tourists Freed

May 2008: Nine tourists killed in Egypt desert bus crash

Wiki Article: Attacks were particularly severe in the 1990s, when the Islamist movement al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya targeted "high level political leaders" and killed hundreds in its pursuit of "implementing Islamic law in Egypt."

I suspect they will be seeing rather fewer western tourists coming to their countries.

policies of forced removals of natives from their land that led to thousands dying from malnutrition etc coz they were moved to non productive lands.

the British invented concentration camps in Namibia and south Africa.

every independence struggle ever fought cost lives.

British-run detention camps similar to gulags where thousands died form diseases and hunger in Africa and India

there a great many more examples. i'm surprised you even asking. these things happened, and many to people still alive and living with them. but it was a different time. nothing is gained from dwelling on it, as we'll trap ourselves in the past. but to try to re write history and take out bits we don't like is hardly useful.

like you've just done .the british did'nt invent concentration camps .the term was used long before s africa by another country,, any idea which country that was Kaimani ?.and to use that term with its nazi death camp connotations against a country who lost over half a million fighting the nazis shows what a nasty hateful little anti british person you really are :)

[/b]

like you've just done .the british did'nt invent concentration camps .the term was used long before s africa by another country,, any idea which country that was Kaimani ?.and to use that term with its nazi death camp connotations against a country who lost over half a million fighting the nazis shows what a nasty hateful little anti british person you really are :)

no, i used listed the bad things they did in answer to your post asking me to name some of the bad things they did. if you go back in the post i said they did a lot of good but also a lot of bad. which was when you asked me to point the bad out.

they used concentration camps during the Boer war in 1902. before that they'd started them in Namibia. it's unfortunate the 'emotion' caused by the phrase, but that's what they were- concentration camps. and to point out fact from history doesn't make me anti-British. just means i'm pointing out one of the many things in a rich and varied history.

Archived