Mubarak is not a dictator

It is claimed by some that the British were responsible was the use of the term concentration camp but not their invention, even this claim is countered by some. One thing that is certain is that people have been held in prison camps for one reason or another since the year dot.

prison camps in the sense of prisoners of war etc differ from concentration camp in their purpose.

i did mention that i said the invent thing because that's what i learned in history back in the old country. never needed to revise that coz never needed it again until today. so i had that same 'fact' in my head. i know it's not so now.

but, my point was just to point out the good and the bad about the empire.

it's tricky as the term 'concentration camp' chills so many people the response is that you've called the nation Nazis.

but, yeah, i'm with you. they didn't invent concentration camps.

prison camps in the sense of prisoners of war etc differ from concentration camp in their purpose.

i did mention that i said the invent thing because that's what i learned in history back in the old country. never needed to revise that coz never needed it again until today. so i had that same 'fact' in my head. i know it's not so now.

it's tricky as the term 'concentration camp' chills so many people the response is that you've called the nation Nazis.

the thing that democracies did invent (21st century) is lock them up for years for no crime.:thumbsup:

the thing that democracies did invent (21st century) is lock them up for years for no crime.:thumbsup:

no, that has also existed for many many centuries, pre BC anyway... probably even back to days of caves!

And Democracies are far less likely to do it that dictatorships... :loopy:

I'll clarify then, political prisoners have been detained, tortured and killed since the year dot.

You're right about it being a mantra that gets repeated again and again, but when you think about it the claim doesn't hold up to any sort of critical thinking.

I'll clarify then, political prisoners have been detained, tortured and killed since the year dot.

You're right about it being a mantra that gets repeated again and again, but when you think about it the claim doesn't hold up to any sort of critical thinking.

you're right on that. the 'concentration camp' situation came with the advent of nations doing war for land that is others i think.

never actually heard anyone say that since my history teacher in eighth grade. it stuck with me though. will have to let my young brothers know it's not quiet that way.

Archived