About time go london!

i would agree with it depending on how it is implimented. if you havnt worked for many years then by all means you should be getting as little as possible. however if you just lost your job 4-5 months ago and havnt been able to get one since and they suddenly reject your application for being unemplyed, then it is on very dodgy ground.

you could also argue that if you have a job then you should be able to rent a house anyway and these houses could go to people in real trouble.

I do think there need to be safeguards against bullying the newly unemployed, something similar to a housing benefit runoff but with the selection process.

The problem with this country at the minute is that those who do not want to work have a series of legal tunnels that they know how to manipulate and they can quite easily stay where they want to be, if anyone challenges that they bassicly act like children and stamp their feet, crying, shouting and generally going a little bit crazy, and then we just walk off cause we cannot be bothered.

This is the first time since the conservatives got in that their measures for social change are starting to truly surface and i like it so far.

i wonder how much more money the tories are accumalating for themselves, while we discuss these stupid ideas :loopy:. roll on when we grow a backbone like the french and egyptions :thumbsup:

Why is this a stupid idea?

The general opinion seems to be that its a great idea!

Archived