About time go london!

what to pick on the less well off in society and remove them from their homes? yes i think your right :hihi:.

This isn't about picking on "the less well off" its about not giving the long term unemployed so many luxuries for free. They are capable of work, unemployment shouldn't be a lifestyle.

Brilliant, so long as the person's work history is taken into account. For example, there are different types of unemployed folk; someone who's worked all their life and has just fallen on hard times at the moment, and lazy git who's never worked.

This is never taken into consideration and never will be. My own working life has been over 47 years and I've never seen a fair system. if I was starting out again as a young lad leaving school [with the benefit of hindsight] I dont think I would bother working. The fact that I now own property and have a reasonable amount of savings prevents me from recieving help of any kind, even though I suffer from 2 disabling conditions. Everything is means tested, therefore i get nothing despite paying 47 years contributions. I just struggle on, working when I can as the pain allows.

This isn't about picking on "the less well off" its about not giving the long term unemployed so many luxuries for free. They are capable of work, unemployment shouldn't be a lifestyle.
so get them back into work by any means but dont have them without a home .do you realise how hard it would be to give them a job if they had no fixed abode or a hostel for a address. i dont think the people are thinking this through properly?

so get them back into work by any means but dont have them without a home .do you realise how hard it would be to give them a job if they had no fixed abode or a hostel for a address. i dont think the people are thinking this through properly?

I don't think you've read the Original Post properly...

Who is taking away homes?

I think you're a little confused.

Read the post, that's what this thread is about. Not whatever else you've been reading.

so where are these houses that are empty that these people can move into :huh:where are these jobs coming from where they have to at least be in employment for 2 years to qualify :huh:

so where are these houses that are empty that these people can move into :huh:where are these jobs coming from where they have to at least be in employment for 2 years to qualify :huh:

"People in employment could be given priority in getting a council house over those who are unemployed". This means people who are employed will come before the unemployed on the waiting lists, people move out of council houses, they don't stay in them forever.

There are jobs to be had, the long term unemployed don't seem to want jobs.

This is perfectly fair, I would imagine it would only be people on low wages that would want a council house? Therefore they should be rewarded for getting off their arses!

Archived