A certain sofa company, my argument!

I think with normal usage, a suite should last at least six years. Quote the 'not fit for purpose' clause, as it clearly isn't.

I dunno about 6 years, but 3 seems too short. Sale of Goods Act says an item should last as long as most people would reasonably expect them to, or 6 years, whichever is shorter.

I think a sofa should last longer than 3 years, so the OP may have a case.

Worth a try at least.

Well today i have received a letter from the settee's manufacturer saying they want me to get in contact to make an appointment, presumably to look at the sofa and see if there is a way of getting out of repairing, I shall keep updating lol

• 3 weeks later...

The manufacturers sent out an agent today, a lovely bloke and there going to repair it free of charge!! But he did say they are obliged to as trading standards states all sofas have to have a 5 yr warranty! I didn't know that, So the sofa company that sold it to me were useless!! the company that made it are marvellous!!

Archived