When ex picks up child, when does awkwardness stop?

It goes on until you decide to make it stop.

Grit your teeth and talk to him; address him like a normal human being- ask him what they're planning to do, or where they're eating, or anything else that's not a conflict question. To start with it will feel like a completely false thing to do, but it is in your little one's best interests to cooperate and not turn into opposing warring factions and if he's got your little one's interests at heart too then there's no reason why you can't thaw the ground between you a tad.

I agree with medusa but even then it can come back if something has upset the equilibrium. There again it might never go away. My OH and I attended my youngest's graduation last summer. My son had also invited his biological father. Son gave me three topics not to raise with ********. Guess what the three things ********raised in an effort to make somesort of conversation with me?

Archived