Wondering why we cant be like these countries

[/b]

me too . I am counting the 15 minutes that it gets lighter every week here in the UK. Every Sunday at about 4.45pm, I think well next Sunday it will be going dark at 5pm.Getting better every day.

At the moment, I live at 47½' N. The difference in the length of the day in winter is significant. On 21 December, The sun rose at 0800 and set at 1630 here. In Sheffield, it didn't rise until 0820 and it set at 1540. The extra hour and 10 minutes of (real) daylight was very welcome. (Though my light box exended that a bit further ;))

We get shorter days than you do in summertime. That's not exactly a problem. I don't really enjoy waking at 0430 (which I do in June in the UK.)

3. Iceland ??? :o

Sark!

They don't have cars, but they do have tractors. When I was a kid, the people petitioned to be allowed a tractor because the ambulance was drawn by a horse and getting up the hill from the harbour was hard on the horse. (that was the 'sympathy'bit. - The other reason was that all merchandise had to be dragged up the hill on a cart by a horse, but that argument wouldn't have worked because had people said "It's hard for the horse to pull the food up the hill" The answer would've been "Yes. So carry it yourselves."

The Sarkies got a tractor. The horse got a break.

Then the rules changed slightly. All farmers could have tractors.

Then the rules changed again. All businesses which might have to move goods about can have tractors.

The tractor owners (which seems to be nearly everybody) are only supposed to usethe tractor 'to carry goods'. So if you want to go to the pub, for instance, you'd better take some 'merchandise' with you. A packet of cigarettes could be considered to be merchandise.

Sark doesn't have surfaced roads. It doesn't need them, bceause it doesn't have cars.

Sometimes, the weather can be warm and sunny. Sometimes it can even be hot and sunny.

You are walking down a tranquil unpaved lane on a hot, sunny day. A tractor comes by, raising a cloud of dust. You were hot and sweaty, you're now hot and muddy.:mad:

At the moment, I live at 47½' N. The difference in the length of the day in winter is significant. On 21 December, The sun rose at 0800 and set at 1630 here. In Sheffield, it didn't rise until 0820 and it set at 1540. The extra hour and 10 minutes of (real) daylight was very welcome. (Though my light box exended that a bit further ;))

We get shorter days than you do in summertime. That's not exactly a problem. I don't really enjoy waking at 0430 (which I do in June in the UK.)

Me too and my eyes always sense the change in light so I often wake up at this time, which can be very disruptive.

July / August, it was hot but not too hot although there was high humidity ………… if we get to go again I would like it to be earlier or later just to see a bit more snow although snow capped mountains and glaciers in July was pretty :cool:

well it's about -18 today, with a wind chill of another -10, and they're predicting 3 foot of snow this week.

But it's a fantastic place to live.

Must admit that if I lived in another country that was more 'at peace'then I think it would have to be somewhere that is a bit warmer than here, not necessarily too hot just be nice to have some sunshine. as I said I have sunshine withdrawal symptoms.:roll:

Archived