Wondering why we cant be like these countries

Me too and my eyes always sense the change in light so I often wake up at this time, which can be very disruptive.

Tinfoil on the bedroom windows in summertime helps. ;)

Nowthat my hearing isn't as acute as it used to be (to put it mildly) that bloody blackbird which insists on making a racket half an hour before dawn doesn't affect me.:hihi:

..although it was very sunny here today, but also very frosty.

Sunny here and about -7.C. It will get cold tonight, but next week it will be between 20-25'C ... because I'll be somewhere warm away from the traffic jams and congestion.

http://www.expatify.com/advice/10-best-places-to-live-for-escaping-world-conflict.html

I came across this website when I was searching for information about Australia.

I cant help wondering what it would be like to live in any of these countries.

Peace and harmony is always at the top of my wish list.Has anyone ever considered living in any of these places?

I have tried to find up to date figures for the numbers of people leaving the Uk for places like these but the most current are in 2007.

Those are just sleepy backwaters where I suspect the major industries are Tourism. That generally means an influx of foreigners, something that the right-wing tory bullyboy thugs on here are firmly against.

well it's about -18 today, with a wind chill of another -10, and they're predicting 3 foot of snow this week.

But it's a fantastic place to live.

Where abouts is that?

When we were in Monteal I seem to remember all the shops / streets were linked underground ………. Too cold to go outside in the winter

Tinfoil on the bedroom windows in summertime helps. ;)

Nowthat my hearing isn't as acute as it used to be (to put it mildly) that bloody blackbird which insists on making a racket half an hour before dawn doesn't affect me.:hihi:

Sunny here and about -7.C. It will get cold tonight, but next week it will be between 20-25'C ... because I'll be somewhere warm away from the traffic jams and congestion.

and where might that be?

Archived