Tipping in restaurants

I think it makes a difference what type of restaurant you go to. If a waiter/waitress comes to your table to take your order I would leave a tip. In the cut price places where you are expected to order at the bar I might not.

I pay for service if I think I've had service.

In this country I tip around 10% but only if the service has been very good and if they don't include the tip on the bill. If it is included on the bill I make them remove it and leave no tip.

There really isn't any need to tip in this country, unless you just want to feel American, as people actually get paid a real wage to serve in this country.

In this country I tip around 10% but only if the service has been very good and if they don't include the tip on the bill. If it is included on the bill I make them remove it and leave no tip.

There really isn't any need to tip in this country, unless you just want to feel American, as people actually get paid a real wage to serve in this country.

But if its good service, do they get paid a fair wage for what they provide?

In a good restaurant the waiter/waitress is essentially making up a large part of your experience.