Strad pub closing for good today (and is now reopened)

ging viking

well i wish the strad all the luck in the world as its not easy for community pubs on housing estates to do well these days, my partner and myself took over the everest on ballifield handsworth nearly 2 year ago, after it had been closed down for a while, since reopening the pub has gone from strength to strength i hope the strad can say the same in 2 years im sure it will with lots of support from customers old and new.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, the pub is managing to keep busy, we have bingo and quiz on monday nights from 830 which has been a very good night so far and each week it is getting busier, we have a disco on saturdays old school, 70s 80s motown soul madness ska that kind of thing, which has been pretty good so far, on sunday afternoons we have play your cards right. Names are gong down for the pool/footy teams and darts and doms. Loads of the old regulars are coming back and we have had loads of support from them, Up to now we have only had positive feedback. We have load of stuff planned thurs 27th oct physchic night starts at 7.30 £7 for audience £15 for private reading. Sat 29th adult fancy dress party, food and disco/karaoke raffle and prizes from 8pm. mon 31st kids halloween fancy dress party free buffet and disco lots of games to be played and prizes to be won 5-7pm. sat 5th nov firework display, hot food available from 8pm, these are just a few of the things coming up over next couple of wks.

and thanks landlady for your lovely comments i hope you keep going from strength to strenght too x

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
What's the current situation with The Strad? I haven't been in for a few years. Is it still open? Still run by the same people who took it over in 2011?

It's still open but I couldn't say who's running it.