Drugs are here to stay..Like it or lump it!

Is that supposed to be a serious answer? Warren imported drugs to Britain, not The Netherlands, are you confusing him with someone else?

Yes he did, but like others, also wanted a piece of the action over there. Have you ever been to amsterdam? Most of the drugs are supplied back hand, by people wandering past offering you it in the street etc. Can seriously recommend it for a night out as its pretty wild but the majority of people I know certainly wouldn't want to live near the 'Red light' area.

But the illegal drugs are there now but the people on them aren't causing the problems its the people boozing.

If you truly cared about drug related crime and the harm that drugs cause shouldn't you support making alcohol illegal?

No, because I know how to cane beer with the best of them. Trust me, i've seen problems first hand caused by drugs, make them legal and a whole can of worms is open.

Yes he did, but like others, also wanted a piece of the action over there. Have you ever been to amsterdam? Most of the drugs are supplied back hand, by people wandering past offering you it in the street etc. Can seriously recommend it for a night out as its pretty wild but the majority of people I know certainly wouldn't want to live near the 'Red light' area.

I lived in Amsterdam, and your post is nonsense. The street traders cannot undercut the official supplies so they tempt naive tourists into buying baby talc, sucrose or flour and claim it's cocaine. The idea that these few street traders sell more than the combined brown cafes is laughable.

No, because I know how to cane beer with the best of them. Trust me, i've seen problems first hand caused by drugs, make them legal and a whole can of worms is open.

That's not the evidence from places that have relaxed drug laws. Quite the opposite.

What's your evidence for this claim?

But other people aren't as responsible as you. So to protect them we should ban alcohol shouldn't we?

I lived in Amsterdam, and your post is nonsense. The street traders cannot undercut the official supplies so they tempt naive tourists into buying baby talc, sucrose or flour and claim it's cocaine. The idea that these few street traders sell more than the combined brown cafes is laughable.

Street traders can't under cut a business that has to pay tax etc. complete rubbish. A lot of the stuff being sold in 'cafes' and 'bars' is usually by the barman for cash. Don't think it is legit and going through the books do you?

As you well know then if you have lived there, not quite the area where familys wander about looking for a nice meal is it. Drugs, booze, hookers attract all manners of charaters wanting a %. Throw in shops that sell knives, dusters, and swords all legite and like I said its one wild weekend but I certianly wouldn't live there. I was that man throwing up in the bar due to excess, a mate too paraniod to let go of the bar due the 'barmans' merchandise, and the rest of the night just ended in a complete haze. Makes English town centre's look like a kindergarten.

Street traders can't under cut a business that has to pay tax etc. complete rubbish. A lot of the stuff being sold in 'cafes' and 'bars' is usually by the barman for cash. Don't think it is legit and going through the books do you?

As you well know then if you have lived there, not quite the area where familys wander about looking for a nice meal is it. Drugs, booze, hookers attract all manners of charaters wanting a %. Throw in shops that sell knives, dusters, and swords all legite and like I said its one wild weekend but I certianly wouldn't live there. I was that man throwing up in the bar due to excess, a mate too paraniod to let go of the bar due the 'barmans' merchandise, and the rest of the night just ended in a complete haze. Makes English town centre's look like a kindergarten.

This bears no relation to anything like reality.

Who told you dusters swords and knives are on sale in Amsterdam?

The trade is regulated, barmen don't sell illicitly since it would mean a loss of licence.

And street crime in Amsterdam is lower than the UK, where are you getting this nonsense from?

Quite a few problems with legalising drugs:

A)...<snip>... Food is now more available - hence obesity problems are going through the roof.

Poor example, kevski.

It is a human trait to eat where and when you can; specifically high calorific value products, because food wasn't always available throughout the year.

We inherited this trait to help us survive.

Few, if any human traits exist, requiring us to ingest poisonous substances... hence, poisonous substances such as alcohol, nicotine, or many if not most illegal drugs, are awful when we first try them. Few people find their first experience with nicotine or alcohol to be a pleasant one.

Archived