Sheffield Motorpoint arena 29th Jan

Chez2

I went to see Peter Kay last night and thought we would miss the show. We came off the M1 at Tinsley at just before 6.40 which we thought was enough time for the 7.30 show. Just after we got off the roundabout the traffic stopped and hardly moved for ages. We managed to get into the car park an hour later.

Luckily lots of people were still outside still waiting to get through the doors to get in. The show started somewhere between 8.18 and 8.30 when most people seem to be seated. I'm presuming they decided to delay the start until most of the people had arrived.

I have been to shows or concerts in other major cities in the UK but never had the same problem as we do here in Sheffield. Is it always total gridlock when an event is on? Why can't they get the traffic light right and stop cars blocking junctions?

Took us an hour from ecclesfield. 45 minutes of that was to get from the junction near the Arena square pub to the car park!

Shocking road planning (if any was done) when the arena was built.

sheffield and road planning, these words do not belong in the same sentence, you can see examples of this whichever part of sheffield you live but especially in the town centre

sheffield and road planning, these words do not belong in the same sentence, you can see examples of this whichever part of sheffield you live but especially in the town centre

I'm sure Planner1 will soon be along with his half baked ideas soon to explain. :hihi:

As you coming towards the arena from the m1 across from macdonalds they are works units where they is loads of spare parking places, just behind carbrook hall and the best thing is its free!! and its 3 mins walk to arena. What a great night tho, Well done peter Kay.

Archived