What's your favourite Ginger Beer

Get a fermentation jar (ideally) or else a large glass container with as narrow a neck as possible.

Put a gallon of water (at about 20'C) in it. Add 1 teaspoon of bakers (or better still brewers) yeast and 2 or 3 Oz of sugar. Add 1 teaspoonful of ground ginger. Cover with a damp cloth (or use a fermentation lock.)

Feed your ginger beer plant every day with one teaspoonful of ground ginger and one teaspoonful of sugar.

After 2 weeks, drain off the liquid and replace it with another gallon of water. continue feeding the plant.

Bottle the liquid you drained off. The ginger beer will be ready to drink in about 5 days.

Don't keep it too long - it's still fermenting and the pressure in the bottle will build up fairly quickly.

Anyone know where in sheffield i can get that crabbies ginger beer from - want to try it and have looked everywhere - including the places their website says should sell it.

Pretty much all the supermarkets have it, but I dropped in at Lidl at Castlebeck on way home the other night and it was on at £1.50 bottle.

I like to mix it with Vodka and lime juice to make a Moscow Mule. If I'm really feeling jaded I add a good slug of Ginger Wine to really beef it up.

They also do a very nice "fiery" (NON ALCOHOLIC) ginger beer at Aldi. Its dirt cheap and very fiery. So if I want to save a few pence I buy that for the mules and increase the ginger wine to make up the ABV.

I love ginger beer Sad I know, My fave would have to be Jamaica Ginger beer.

Sad to see you are registered in London, been buying Jamaica Ginger Beer @ £1.50 for 12 x 500ml since before Christmas from a place in Rotherham, what a bargain look what youre missing.

Sad to see you are registered in London, been buying Jamaica Ginger Beer @ £1.50 for 12 x 500ml since before Christmas from a place in Rotherham, what a bargain look what youre missing.

When I'm in Sheffield/Leeds I usually buy a can for around £0.70p.

Next time i'm up north I will stock up.

Archived