Warning to walkers at Stanedge!

Be very careful when walking through mud at Stanedge! I became slightly complacent of the mud patches as they appeared to have frozen solid and presented no danger and couldn't be arsed to walk round them.

Imagine my abject terror when (lighting a well earned fag and chatting amiably to G/F), my right leg suddenly disappeared up to the knee in really slimey stuff!

I had to drop the ciggy and fall backward onto solid ground to prevent myself from almost certain death whilst making a high pitched (death throes) screaming type noise!! :gag:

For some strange reason, my G/F decided her best policy was not to do as you may expect, ie ... call in all the emergency services. She decided to laugh her head off!

This of course had a knock on effect as her amusement was heard by other walkers who joined in and started some kind of asinine jovial badinage!:(

Despite the non-helpful attitude of the other walker in aiding me in my 'near death' experience, I feel it only fair to warn other Forum users, being the nice sort of guy that I am! :)

( the ciggy was sadly lost!)

Oh my goodness, how ever do you carry on with life without letting this drama encroach on your mental health well being, are you suffering flashbacks? night mares? - I would, after all with the price of fags these days its no laughing matter

Thank you to all concerned 'concerned' for repyling to my bog plight! (None at the last count!)

The make of the cigarette is hardly the subject matter here though!

However ... if anyone finds a just started 'Golden Virgina' rolly (with no lipstick on it), by a bog at Stanedge, it's undoubtably mine!

You can contact me at my below address and you may receive a tour of my facility in recompense! :o

(terms and conditions apply)

Archived